The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the one thing i liked when EA FIFA Manager was Total Club Manager was that you could control when you built the new stadium/facilities rather than wait for the board to do it
Reply 1381
fernando
the one thing i liked when EA FIFA Manager was Total Club Manager was that you could control when you built the new stadium/facilities rather than wait for the board to do it

You could do the same thing in LMA Manager...didn't make it all that good, though :p:
Reply 1382
Decided to end my Palermo game in the 15th season, and i'm now in my 3rd season at Napoli (on the new patch). I spent the pre-season scouring all the major south american clubs looking for promising youngsters and found 10 or so, but my transfer kitty was only 3 mill and I can only sign one foreigner a season so I got 2 (one with an EU passport). One is an 18 year old midfielder, another is a 20 year old left back touted as the new Roberto Carlos (which i'm not sure I like) but they have both been good in pre-season friendlies.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5626/juarezfa4.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6624/silvajb4.jpg
Reply 1383
I've started a new game as Derby, it's going greeaaat!

woo! I hav da mad management skillzzzz!!!

or maybe my keeper just has mad saving skilllzzzzzz! :redface:
Reply 1384
You had luck on your side :p:
Reply 1385
ARGH

I won the FA Cup with Derby (wtf, I know) and then went on a great spending/selling spree, getting Robert Huth for £2.5m, Sivok for £2m (£650k upfront), James Vaughan and Anthony Stokes for free, and selling a pretty crappy CB for £3.3m. Then there was some "fatal error" in the game and it closed :frown:

I did have probably the easiest cup run ever mind!

3rd round - Rochdale (H) - 2-0
4th round - Bradford (H) - 2-1
5th round - Pompey (H) - 2-1
6th round - Spurs (H) - 1-0 (hardest game by miles)
Semi-final - Everton (N) - 1p-1
Final - Reading (N) - 4-2

I think it's saved sometime after the semi .. or at least I hope it is!
Reply 1386
Jsuper
ARGH

I won the FA Cup with Derby (wtf, I know) and then went on a great spending/selling spree, getting Robert Huth for £2.5m, Sivok for £2m (£650k upfront), James Vaughan and Anthony Stokes for free, and selling a pretty crappy CB for £3.3m. Then there was some "fatal error" in the game and it closed :frown:

I did have probably the easiest cup run ever mind!

3rd round - Rochdale (H) - 2-0
4th round - Bradford (H) - 2-1
5th round - Pompey (H) - 2-1
6th round - Spurs (H) - 1-0 (hardest game by miles)
Semi-final - Everton (N) - 1p-1
Final - Reading (N) - 4-2

I think it's saved sometime after the semi .. or at least I hope it is!

That's why you should save often :p: I usually save right before every game, right after every game and sometimes random times in between as well :smile:
Reply 1387

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
i just got promoted in my 2nd season with Leicester City. Via play-offs. Destroyed Watford 4-0 in final..

Right.. may the spending spree start (my squads poo)
In season 2025/2026 :frown:

Aint played it in weeks though.. Lol..
Reply 1390
Secoond time lucky then Jsuper :p:

Long time no see Vintage. I see you gave up on that Newcastle game then (lol).

I'll be starting with a championship club tonight too, wish me luck :yy:
Reply 1391
Ziggy Stardust
In season 2025/2026 :frown:

Aint played it in weeks though.. Lol..

...compared to me, who hasnt even completed a third season yet EVER :redface:
domisakin
...compared to me, who hasnt even completed a third season yet EVER :redface:

Cripes, the fun only just starts after 18 seasons or so!
Reply 1393
Ziggy Stardust
Cripes, the fun only just starts after 18 seasons or so!

:laugh:
Reply 1394
Jsuper...your stadium is huge for derby, 90 000...is that so normal in 2007? :P
Reply 1395
chooka
Jsuper...your stadium is huge for derby, 90 000...is that so normal in 2007? :P

FA Cup Final = Wembley
domisakin
Secoond time lucky then Jsuper :p:

Long time no see Vintage. I see you gave up on that Newcastle game then (lol).

I'll be starting with a championship club tonight too, wish me luck :yy:

Hey. yeah i gave that up awhile ago (aint had the internet for a few weeks so cudnt post much on here) i started an edited game and made them super rich... went from conf north to prem. and won CL. couldnt win prem though so gave up lol..

Leicester game is good and im addicted to it.. which is not good 12 days before an exam :|
Reply 1397
Vintage
Hey. yeah i gave that up awhile ago (aint had the internet for a few weeks so cudnt post much on here) i started an edited game and made them super rich... went from conf north to prem. and won CL. couldnt win prem though so gave up lol..

Leicester game is good and im addicted to it.. which is not good 12 days before an exam :|

:laugh: 16 days to go for me. The Championship seems to be the place to be at the minute :smile:
Reply 1398

Not bad for my first (friendly) game in charge, eh? :rolleyes:
Reply 1399
domisakin

Not bad for my first (friendly) game in charge, eh? :rolleyes:

Not bad at all - though I guess it depends on who was in the Chelsea Reserves :p:

Latest