The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Paper Linear 11th November 2013

Hi, I was given a list of topics by the teacher that are most likely to come up in Paper 2 of Maths Exam, which is on the 11th November. I just wanted to tell you that so you don't waste time on looking at other unnecessary topics. This is only for Maths Linear AQA Paper 2.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SaadMuhammad
Hi, I was given a list of topics by the teacher that are most likely to come up in Paper 2 of Maths Exam, which is on the 11th November. I just wanted to tell you that so you don't waste time on looking at other unnecessary topics. This is only for Maths Linear AQA Paper 2.

Do you know where I could access that list?
Reply 2
Hi, I am just scanning the list. I will soon upload it.
Reply 3
Did you get the attachment?
Reply 4
Hi, finally figured it out, here is the attachment.
Reply 5
Please reply if you have received it.
Reply 6
Hi Saad im Andy so sorry to butt in here i sat the non calc exam friday and i think i did really bad i couldnt answer the last two pages as run outta time and to hard this is first time iv done these exams since my o levels in eighties and all i need is a c to keep my job
i would say that out of 70 for monday i may have had about 15-20 marks any ideas how much more i need
really stuck and areally stressed i have no idea how to do calc papers also
Reply 7
Wait...so you have already done your O-Levels in the 1980's. Why are you doing it again? Sorry to interfere, but to me and likewise to many other current GCSE students, this may have been slightly absurd.
Reply 8
Original post by SaadMuhammad
Wait...so you have already done your O-Levels in the 1980's. Why are you doing it again? Sorry to interfere, but to me and likewise to many other current GCSE students, this may have been slightly absurd.
yeah apparently since
Hi yeah it all changing in most public service jobs since sept so i have to redo tjem again reall pain in the ass
Reply 9
Hi Andy, regarding your enquiry into whether 15-20 marks is equivalent to a grade c, I really think if you did get marks in that region you will be on the borderline of getting a C. According to the most recent grade boundaries - June 2013 AQA GCSE grade boundaries, to get a C grade you need at least 20/70 to get a C, but I cannot promise you that for the November 2013 Paper the grade boundaries would be similar, as most likely it would increment. Hope you get better marks and just stay relaxed.
Reply 10
Was there a question on pie charts because I don't remember one but
Original post by Franceshoffman
The juice and lemonade question was reasonably easy but I found the pie chart question really hard, where you have to find out how many hours he did stretching for or something like that? I just got stuck on that question :/ I don't think I did as well as I could have done. I'm trying to concentrate on the exam I have tomorrow. Do you have any idea the topics that will come up?
Reply 11
BTW this is on another thread
hi ayesha what did you get for the juice lemonade question as i complained that it was a typo? it worked out i hope i did it right as £1.30 but they gave the answer as £1.60 im really streesed
Reply 13
Original post by Mr Sinister
hi ayesha what did you get for the juice lemonade question as i complained that it was a typo? it worked out i hope i did it right as £1.30 but they gave the answer as £1.60 im really streesed

It was £1.60. I can't remember the exact ratios but I think it was 1:4 juice:lemonade.
That makes a total of 5 parts. To make 1L you would need 200ml of juice and 800ml of lemonade. The juice should have come to £1.20 and the lemonade to 40p.

do you remember a pie chart question?
yeah i worked it out like that but 5 parts into £6.50 works out at £1.30 and the question was show that one part equaled £1.60 i dunno i got it wrong by looks of it aint i:frown: im gonna lose my job if i cant get a c i cant remeber a pie question it was graphs and sim equations last two questions howd you think you got off?
Reply 15
Ayesha, there was no pie chart question on Linear AQA GCSE Maths Paper 1, unless you were doing a different paper...
Reply 16
Andy, I think you should relax. Think positive.
you dont understand ill lose everything if i cant get a c:frown: do you think id get some method marks if the answer was wrong for question 10 then/./
Reply 18
Sure, you will get marks for the correct method or depending on the examiner, if the method is close to the correct one you may gain some marks. Look Andy, forget about the Paper 1 Exam, just think to yourself, imagine you got 20/70, according to you on Paper 1, but if you study hard for the second paper and get like 80-90 out of 105, or even higher you can feasibly compensate the marks lost on the first paper, and get an overall mark 100/110 out of 175, you are already a high B (according to last years grade boundaries). That's fantastic. All you need to do is now go through the list of topics I had attached on this thread earlier on and go through each topic - ticking the ones you are confident with and checking which one you need to go through.
just did a mock this morning had thirty out of 105 it just a couple of ones at the big is all i came across loci today what the heck is that ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending