The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Interview-Chem Eng(Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year) HELP

Scroll to see replies

Hey, got my interview in a few days. What sort of interview questions do they ask?
Thanks
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by User32432432
Hey guys

I have an interview for manchester coming up soon, and its my first one.
I've applied for Engineering with an Integrated Foundation Year so when I pass that year I can move onto a chemical engineering course, with my PS being based around chem eng

Just wondering what questions can I be expected to answer?
Will there be any theoretical questions or will it all be reference/PS related ?

I was also told I would have to sit a small maths test, any ideas into what this might include ?

Thanks

Hi there,

I know this was a year ago, but I have just applied for the integrated foundation year and got my letter though the post today saying about an interview and small maths test. I am hoping to go on to do ChemEng too, so I was wondering if you would be able to help me. Just a few questions: What kind of questions did they ask you in the interview, what was the maths test like, also did you enjoy the course?

Sorry to bombard you with this but i'm a little nervous haha

Thank you
Original post by tabithafogarty
Hi there,

I know this was a year ago, but I have just applied for the integrated foundation year and got my letter though the post today saying about an interview and small maths test. I am hoping to go on to do ChemEng too, so I was wondering if you would be able to help me. Just a few questions: What kind of questions did they ask you in the interview, what was the maths test like, also did you enjoy the course?

Sorry to bombard you with this but i'm a little nervous haha

Thank you

Hey I'm planning on applying for this course soon, do you know if there is a deadline, and what are you predicted grades/ achieved, if you don't me asking :smile:
Original post by Incubator
Hey I'm planning on applying for this course soon, do you know if there is a deadline, and what are you predicted grades/ achieved, if you don't me asking :smile:

Hey! Not that I am aware of, I'm sure it is just the normal UCAS deadline. My predicted Grades is ACC, A in politics and Cs in both Maths and Chemistry. I'm Hoping to do better than that though, what about you? What course would you want to go on after the foundation year? :smile:
Original post by tabithafogarty
Hey! Not that I am aware of, I'm sure it is just the normal UCAS deadline. My predicted Grades is ACC, A in politics and Cs in both Maths and Chemistry. I'm Hoping to do better than that though, what about you? What course would you want to go on after the foundation year? :smile:

I am predicted A B C, B in Maths and Physics, also hoping to do better. I want to go onto Civil Engineering after, let's talk in PM, if that's ok?
Reply 25
i received a letter asking me to go to an interview mines only a couple of weeks away and im ****ting myself any advice on what they'll ask me and how to prepare for the math test??? please help
Reply 26
bump
omgggg i've applied for this course but for chem and booked the interview... mines on 14th jan and i'm dreading the physics test... does anyone know what kind of questions they ask and what the interviews like?????
Original post by ammaarah01
omgggg i've applied for this course but for chem and booked the interview... mines on 14th jan and i'm dreading the physics test... does anyone know what kind of questions they ask and what the interviews like?????

My interview is then as well! Please let me know if you find out what questions they will ask
Original post by Yusuf Islam
My interview is then as well! Please let me know if you find out what questions they will ask

Will do...what course are you applying for after the foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone found out about the maths and physics test?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ammaarah01
Has anyone found out about the maths and physics test?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got an interview but I don't do physics and so I don't really remember much from gcse, so can someone tell me the specific areas to learn for my interview thanks. (studying chem, maths and re)
Original post by harvingill
Yeah I got an interview but I don't do physics and so I don't really remember much from gcse, so can someone tell me the specific areas to learn for my interview thanks. (studying chem, maths and re)

Saammeeee I don't remember anything from GCSE physics but did as maths and also studying chem... They said they were gonna sent information through the post but I haven't received anything!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harvingill

And when's your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't booked my interview yet, need to decide soon though.
Has anyone had their interview????????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Hi guys, I just wanted to know whether they call every applicant for an interview? I've applied for this course too, (want to go on to chem eng) but I received an offer on UCAS of BBC. So am I not expected to attend an interview as they've already given me a conditional offer? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by saad97
Hi guys, I just wanted to know whether they call every applicant for an interview? I've applied for this course too, (want to go on to chem eng) but I received an offer on UCAS of BBC. So am I not expected to attend an interview as they've already given me a conditional offer? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received an offer without interview last year.
Reply 38
Original post by AR_95
I received an offer without interview last year.

Ah nice! So are you studying at Manchester this year then?
Reply 39
Original post by saad97
Ah nice! So are you studying at Manchester this year then?

I missed my offer so I'm retaking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending