The Student Room Group

AS AQA Mathematics Core 2 MPC2 June 2014

Anyone else got this exam coming up in the summer? It's on 22/05/14.
Please feel free to share any revision resources or links you find useful!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Anyone else got this exam coming up in the summer? It's on 22/05/14.
Please feel free to share any revision resources or links you find useful!

Yeah, I'm retaking it after i got a C. ugh. That May 2013 paper was set by the Devil, I swear.
Reply 2
We did the May 2013 paper as a mock and boy it was hard! I fully sympathise! Hoping yours goes better this time :smile:
Which applied module did you/are you doing? I do mechanics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Oh! I did this exam last year (june 2013)! Make sure you do all the past papers inside out!
Reply 4
Will do, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Ok so this is next Thursday - who's got last minute tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

These are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
How's revision for everyone with so few days left?
Reply 9
I've run out of past papers! Help?
Reply 10
Original post by CD223
How's revision for everyone with so few days left?

I'm feeling really good about the exam, I just need to try and remember logs and trig identities.
Reply 11
Original post by emcat
I'm feeling really good about the exam, I just need to try and remember logs and trig identities.

They're meant to be the hardest topics though so don't beat yourself up if you can't - we don't need to remember individual angles do we? Like sin30 is 0.5 etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by CD223
They're meant to be the hardest topics though so don't beat yourself up if you can't - we don't need to remember individual angles do we? Like sin30 is 0.5 etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not considering you'll have your calculator and could then figure it out using that.
Reply 13
Original post by emcat
Probably not considering you'll have your calculator and could then figure it out using that.

Good point... I've no idea why they're in the revision guides, it's freaking me out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by CD223
Good point... I've no idea why they're in the revision guides, it's freaking me out...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm feeling so chilled about maths. We did mocks two weeks ago and I got an A in C1 and a C in C2 which was before I'd revised trig identities and logs so I'm feeling fine. I guess I'd feel different if maths was a more important subject to me.
Reply 15
Original post by emcat
I'm feeling so chilled about maths. We did mocks two weeks ago and I got an A in C1 and a C in C2 which was before I'd revised trig identities and logs so I'm feeling fine. I guess I'd feel different if maths was a more important subject to me.

Have you got any other exams this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by CD223
Have you got any other exams this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got biology on Wednesday and history on Thursday which means Thursday is going to be great fun for me. You got others?
Reply 17
Original post by emcat
I've got biology on Wednesday and history on Thursday which means Thursday is going to be great fun for me. You got others?

Nice haha - which history?:smile:

I've got physics Tuesday and history Thursday! I do Edexcel history - it's our source based Britain exam that day. Thursday will be fun for me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by CD223
Nice haha - which history?:smile:

I've got physics Tuesday and history Thursday! I do Edexcel history - it's our source based Britain exam that day. Thursday will be fun for me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on OCR and it's my British history exam for that. Glad to see other people have got hellish Thursdays too :P
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending