The Student Room Group

India Security Council Election - Jan 2014 - Voting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Henry_Tudor
Why don't you go for it?

I have applied . If I win the vote I will have to give up being the rep for the EU.
Why don't you go for it?

I don't suppose you know who else is applying ? , I am not nosey or anything I just want to know who I am up against. :colone:
Original post by Luketreherne
I don't suppose you know who else is applying ? , I am not nosey or anything I just want to know who I am up against. :colone:

I was going to, but I am going for the non-perm seat instead
I have applied . If I win the vote I will have to give up being the rep for the EU.

I am not sure if you will have to give up your EU seat?! ask Rory
I am not sure if you will have to give up your EU seat?! ask Rory

Yeah I do because I haven't been on MUN for at least three months I am not eligible for dual representation , so I would have to give up being the rep for the EU if i did win.
Reply 25
The manifestos have been posted - a two day Q&A period will now take place.

Yeah I do because I haven't been on MUN for at least three months I am not eligible for dual representation , so I would have to give up being the rep for the EU if i did win.

You would have to yes.
Original post by RoryS

You would have to yes.

Thanks

i have to revise for Mocks , so while I will be able to answer your and everyone else's questions but answers will be delayed.
Reply 27
Thanks

i have to revise for Mocks , so while I will be able to answer your and everyone else's questions but answers will be delayed.

Okay no worries, I'll keep the thread open so you can post your replies when its convenient. The Q&A usually continues whilst the vote happens as well as you've got a little while. :wink:
The Q & A takes place on this forum dosent it ?
Reply 29
The Q & A takes place on this forum dosent it ?

It does yeah (this topic).
Reply 30
Good luck to both candidates.
Original post by meenu89
Good luck to both candidates.

Thank you , much appricated
Original post by RoryS

You would have to yes.

Didn't my electoral resolution reduce election times to ten days? This counts as eleven days, correct me if I'm wrong.
Q&A
To both candidates: How much knowledge do you have of India (ie Political issues, history, contemporary issues if faces, the landscape, the resources ect)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Didn't my electoral resolution reduce election times to ten days? This counts as eleven days, correct me if I'm wrong.

It did however I had to add an extra day on as I didn't have any manifestos for this election until 16:45 yesterday after my PM plea. If I did have manifestos before then I would have started the election early on Sunday and we wouldn't be into an extra day...
Original post by RoryS
It did however I had to add an extra day on as I didn't have any manifestos for this election until 16:45 yesterday after my PM plea. If I did have manifestos before then I would have started the election early on Sunday and we wouldn't be into an extra day...

Okey dokey.
Q&A
To both candidates: How much knowledge do you have of India (ie Political issues, history, contemporary issues if faces, the landscape, the resources ect)

I am very knowledgable about the current affairs of India , however I will this will not lead to me being complacent by no means I can assure if elected i will be rerpresent India with ethuahism and dyanism. In the future I seek to improve the relations between India and Pakistan a realtionship with sadly has been strained by a number of historical and political issues, and are defined by the violent partition of British India in 1947, the Kashmir dispute and the numerous military conflicts fought between the two nations. Consequently, even though the two South Aisan nations share historic, cultural, geographic, and economic links, their relationship has been plagued by hostility and suspicion.

Anymore questions ?
Reply 37
If I think of a question I will be sure to ask. I am divided over who to vote for so I shall wait and weight up the candidates response and manifesto carefully!
I am very knowledgable about the current affairs of India , however I will this will not lead to me being complacent by no means I can assure if elected i will be rerpresent India with ethuahism and dyanism. In the future I seek to improve the relations between India and Pakistan a realtionship with sadly has been strained by a number of historical and political issues, and are defined by the violent partition of British India in 1947, the Kashmir dispute and the numerous military conflicts fought between the two nations. Consequently, even though the two South Aisan nations share historic, cultural, geographic, and economic links, their relationship has been plagued by hostility and suspicion.

Anymore questions ?

FYI i am the Pakistan rep!
I am pleased with your answer, if I think of anymore I will QFA you in!
FYI i am the Pakistan rep!
I am pleased with your answer, if I think of anymore I will QFA you in!

Yeah i know , I was trying to target it to yourself but without making it blindly obvious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending