The Student Room Group

inspector calls and of mice n men

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
my school do inspector calls and of mice and men too, but i'm in a top set so we do lord of the flies so can't help you there. But with of mice and men remember that the ranch is a microcosm of american society during the 1930s and that all of the characters symbolise key parts of the society at that time. Steinbeck explores how the foundations of American Society are being driven towards a collapse as a consequence of the ever present discrimination. Steinbeck's language is often incredibly descriptive and action and dialogue make the novella seem almost as if it were written as a play. Here are some notes Of Mice and Men Revision.docx
Reply 2
anyone else with any other help
I sat the exam two years ago for my GCSE and got an A.
I never really liked of mice and men or an inspector calls. However an inspector calls, I found, was more interesting.

I'll advise you to revise the contemporary audience for an inspector calls and how they received Priestly's critique of society.

I could go into further detail, but this post will be a complete essay if I did, if you wish for more answers PM me.
Reply 4
See if you can buy student guides online - I had a book that had notes for every section for OMAM and similar for AIC.

God how I hated those...
Hey. :smile:

I have some notes for both books and sample graded answers if you want me to send them to you via email. Just PM me and I'll send them to you. :biggrin:
Reply 6
(edited 8 years ago)
I've sent them :smile:
Original post by justanotherindigo
Hey. :smile:

I have some notes for both books and sample graded answers if you want me to send them to you via email. Just PM me and I'll send them to you. :biggrin:

Hey could you possibly send me these resources too? It would be much appreciated :smile: my email: [email protected]
Reply 9
try to provide as many quotes as possible, but make sure it flows in nicely with the sentence (if you can write then it shouldn't be an issue) so it actually makes sense! I did of mice and men last year and got an A* in the exam. From what I can recall, I remember trying to write really really deep stuff and why the particular quote is so significant. For example, don't just paraphrase. Tell the examiner why you chose the quote and what is the main importance of this quote and link it back to the question through out your response.
Reply 10
what exam board is it??
Reply 11
Original post by Lochy99
what exam board is it??

Mine was WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Just go over the themes, characters and writers technique and you should be fine
I got an a* on these exams last year so my advice is you need to do is explicit language analysis- be selective with quotes to analyse in detail and use technical terms such as "abstract noun" or "personal pronoun" e.t.c to talk about them. Obviously pick quotes that are relevant to the question. Don't be stressed or panicked by the exam - last year I only had 15 minutes to do poetry section and ended up with full marks on the of mice and men paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending