The Student Room Group

OMAM

while doing my essay question in GCSE english lit. I didn’t mention chapters but added quotes will i be marked down?
Reply 1
Original post by BOMBOCLATT
while doing my essay question in GCSE english lit. I didn’t mention chapters but added quotes will i be marked down?

What book were you writing about? Generally they like to see you know sequences of events eg in Romeo and Juliet the irony of Mercutios joke before his later death etc.. excuse the vagueness I did my GCSEs like 3 hrs ago now. If you mentioned an event or when roughly it happened should be okay, but i don’t know if they would necessarily mark you down just for not saying in chapter 10 etc generally references should be okay though like I mentioned earlier eg like in the first scene in an inspector calls Gerald is acting suspicious and then we see the build up in the reveal near the end… :smile:
Original post by dust bunny
What book were you writing about? Generally they like to see you know sequences of events eg in Romeo and Juliet the irony of Mercutios joke before his later death etc.. excuse the vagueness I did my GCSEs like 3 hrs ago now. If you mentioned an event or when roughly it happened should be okay, but i don’t know if they would necessarily mark you down just for not saying in chapter 10 etc generally references should be okay though like I mentioned earlier eg like in the first scene in an inspector calls Gerald is acting suspicious and then we see the build up in the reveal near the end… :smile:

It was of mice of men exam, various types of quotes and historical context and i do remember saying “at the start of the novella” and “near the end” but hopefully it’s all good. I also was made to do foundation paper because i joined; the school as new 😭
Reply 3
Original post by BOMBOCLATTT

It was of mice of men exam, various types of quotes and historical context and i do remember saying “at the start of the novella” and “near the end” but hopefully it’s all good. I also was made to do foundation paper because i joined; the school as new 😭

Don’t worry too much about it too much, when you have so much to remember it can be really easy to miss it and only realise at the end. But it seems like you remembered all the key points that you really need to hit in literature so well done. When I did my exam I honestly had to put like 50 ^ arrows cause I kept forgetting. Just remember when your making a point: what was said,,(by who) when was it said(act and scene) in what context was it said,,, what happened just before and after this event and why is this important, what does this reveal any the character/situation,,, …. And obviously quote analysis and a03 background etc I got a 9 in eng lit (after a lot of struggle, im not a natural) and these were points I really focused on that really helped me make sure I didn’t forget anything :smile:
Reply 4

*3 years ago would make more sense whoops
Don’t worry too much about it too much, when you have so much to remember it can be really easy to miss it and only realise at the end. But it seems like you remembered all the key points that you really need to hit in literature so well done. When I did my exam I honestly had to put like 50 ^ arrows cause I kept forgetting. Just remember when your making a point: what was said,,(by who) when was it said(act and scene) in what context was it said,,, what happened just before and after this event and why is this important, what does this reveal any the character/situation,,, …. And obviously quote analysis and a03 background etc I got a 9 in eng lit (after a lot of struggle, im not a natural) and these were points I really focused on that really helped me make sure I didn’t forget anything :smile:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending