The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 4 Jan 20th 2014 Post exam discussion

How did everyone find the exam. I found some questions good some really average. Multiple choice was a piece of cake. I particularly found last question on kinetic energy tricky and the aeroplane one was fairly hard
Reply 1
Original post by proxyfullback
How did everyone find the exam. I found some questions good some really average. Multiple choice was a piece of cake. I particularly found last question on kinetic energy tricky and the aeroplane one was fairly hard
Yup. I did the same. I messed up a bit in the last question and in the RC one but I think I didn't do bad. What do you think the grade boundary for an A will be?
Reply 2
Original post by ZiadAmr
Yup. I did the same. I messed up a bit in the last question and in the RC one but I think I didn't do bad. What do you think the grade boundary for an A will be?

Probably the usual only reason being i've seen easier and harder papers than that so for an A probably between 52-57 ish A* 58+
There is already a thread about this exam

Anyway how should that graph of speed he drawn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What was the question?
Reply 5
Original post by ZiadAmr
What was the question?

If your talking about the momentum one then i started the graph at i think it was 4.5 ms-1 until the collision happened and which i draw a diagonal line downwards to 0 where the collision ended
Reply 6
Didn't they ask us for it's initial speed graph only?
Reply 7
Yeah? What was the exact question?
Original post by proxyfullback
If your talking about the momentum one then i started the graph at i think it was 4.5 ms-1 until the collision happened and which i draw a diagonal line downwards to 0 where the collision ended

Original post by ZiadAmr
Didn't they ask us for it's initial speed graph only?

They asked to draw a line showing initial speed, during collision and after collision

The vertical axes were cut off. So how on earth could we have draw a line for 0 m/s?
Reply 9
Ummm. How many points were on that?
Reply 10
I thought there were no january exams this year?

Quick Reply

Latest