The Student Room Group

WJEC Biology AS BY3 Practical help URGENT.

Hi there!
Please please help me! I have my practical coming this week and annoyingly, my teacher really hasn't been helpful with BY3.
I don't even know what I am meant to do at all. I know we have to do a practical and write up about it and talk about the Independent Variable etc but I am just so confused about what else I have to do. Do we have to write about the effect of concentration of a substrate or something?
WJEC is so mean sometimes :frown:
Thank you in advance for helping!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I have mine this week aswell, and I'm so worried about it. The teachers aren't allowed to tell us too much about it because you're not allowed to know what experiment you'll be doing. Did you get given a by3 WJEC framework from your teachers? We've been using that to practice in class but in the exam you only get a few headings. You might be able to find the framework on the WJEC website maybe? It might help you prepare a little more for it, and yeah I'm really worried about it! :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by nosociallife
Hi there!
Please please help me! I have my practical coming this week and annoyingly, my teacher really hasn't been helpful with BY3.
I don't even know what I am meant to do at all. I know we have to do a practical and write up about it and talk about the Independent Variable etc but I am just so confused about what else I have to do. Do we have to write about the effect of concentration of a substrate or something?
WJEC is so mean sometimes :frown:
Thank you in advance for helping!

Did you do it about Enzymes or Hydrogen Peroxide Concentrations?
Reply 4
Original post by IntoTheOpenAir20
I have mine this week aswell, and I'm so worried about it. The teachers aren't allowed to tell us too much about it because you're not allowed to know what experiment you'll be doing. Did you get given a by3 WJEC framework from your teachers? We've been using that to practice in class but in the exam you only get a few headings. You might be able to find the framework on the WJEC website maybe? It might help you prepare a little more for it, and yeah I'm really worried about it! :frown:[/QUO
Does everyone who have WJEC as their exam board for Biology have the same practical exam?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending