The Student Room Group

UCL or King's College?....

Okay, so I have a dilemma regarding my uni choices. I have offers from both King's College "Politics of International Economy" and UCL "Economics and Business with East European Studies". The courses seem very different but its the Economics part that I'm interested in. Either courses I wouldn't mind doing, I like both programs and unis. But I am not sure which one is better because UCL has a higher rating yet this is not the best course. Any advice?
Original post by Kattie_kay
Okay, so I have a dilemma regarding my uni choices. I have offers from both King's College "Politics of International Economy" and UCL "Economics and Business with East European Studies". The courses seem very different but its the Economics part that I'm interested in. Either courses I wouldn't mind doing, I like both programs and unis. But I am not sure which one is better because UCL has a higher rating yet this is not the best course. Any advice?

If you're interested in the economics then UCL because it offers straight economics which Kings doesn't. As a result you can pick a lot more Economics focused modules and tailor your degree more to economics. But the courses aren't all that similar so which is it that you really want to do?
If you're interested in the economics then choose UCL - if you choose King's you won't really study economics at all given it doesn't have an economics department. Bare in mind that the specific UCL course is run by SSEES and not the actual UCL economics dept.
Reply 3
My friend is actually studying that exact course at KCL and isn't enjoying it half as much as he hoped as he wanted to study more economics and now can only do one module in economicsn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending