The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Emergency: I want to go back to my original uni choices

I basically applied to King's college London and Leeds, however my parents were not happy with my decisions and "forced" me to change my choices to UCL and LSE even though I'm only predicted an A not an A* for maths. Now I think that they'll reject me off the back and I want to go back to my choices for Kings and Leeds. I'm still in the 14 day time frame but it's says on UCAS that you can only change 1 slot once. Is it worth phoning them up or just risking it and 99% sure of being rejected by UCL and LSE?
Reply 1
The course is PPE btw
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
I basically applied to King's college London and Leeds, however my parents were not happy with my decisions and "forced" me to change my choices to UCL and LSE even though I'm only predicted an A not an A* for maths. Now I think that they'll reject me off the back and I want to go back to my choices for Kings and Leeds. I'm still in the 14 day time frame but it's says on UCAS that you can only change 1 slot once. Is it worth phoning them up or just risking it and 99% sure of being rejected by UCL and LSE?

I thought it was each slot once?
Original post by ageshallnot
I thought it was each slot once?

It is, each of the five choices can be changed once.

Whether it’s worth changing is up to OP and their appetite for risk and how much they want to go to any of the potentials.

I would change LSE for Leeds. UCL is decent and about the same level as King’s.
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
I would change LSE for Leeds. UCL is decent and about the same level as King’s.

But UCL need the A* in maths (for the real exam) and I'm predicted an A, do you think they'll reject me straight away?
Original post by Usman009
But UCL need the A* in maths (for the real exam) and I'm predicted an A, do you think they'll reject me straight away?

I think UCL might be more flexible than LSE.
Original post by Usman009

It's certainly risky. We'd just be guessing if it would discount you outright. You could always contact them to ask.
Original post by Wired_1800
I think UCL might be more flexible than LSE.

Yes. In 2019, My cousin missed his A*AA BSc Economics LSE offer, but still got accepted by UCL for BSc Economics.

His offer was A*AA in Maths, Chemistry and Biology but he achieved BA*A*. However, his A grade in AS-Level Economics saved him, as UCL took him with A*A*Ba in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and AS-Level Economics. :smile:

So yes, UCL would most likely accept you with A*AA without an A* in Maths. :wink:
Original post by thegeek888
Yes. In 2019, My cousin missed his A*AA BSc Economics LSE offer, but still got accepted by UCL for BSc Economics.

His offer was A*AA in Maths, Chemistry and Biology but he achieved BA*A*. However, his A grade in AS-Level Economics saved him, as UCL took him with A*A*Ba in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and AS-Level Economics. :smile:

So yes, UCL would most likely accept you with A*AA without an A* in Maths. :wink:

That’s fair. Thanks for sharing.
Reply 10
Thank you so so much!!!!!!!
Thank you so so much!!!!!!!

Good luck. Let us know your decision.

It will be very risky to apply to LSE and UCL with A predicted in maths.That will be taking double risk. It's true you can achieve A* in real exam but LSE especially don't normally give room for such assumption sadly . Attended the open day at both unis, LSE stressed the importance of A* in maths ,they even want Further Maths in addition if possible. Spread your risk wiser, Definitely don't apply to LSE, you can take your chance with UCL, it's equally a very good uni for Economics but more lenient than LSE. Very good personal statement important as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending