The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Students' Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Oh they did some ann summer parties this year - was great fun!! I took my tv, but just used it to watch DVD's on as i could only get channel 5! Lol! Watched tv in my friends room, he had a digital box thing so was able to get BBC1 thank god, don't know what i would of done without neighbours!!!

-x-
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
ty bex and baby emmy, i think ill simply talk it through with her. i mean, its not the end of the world, we will still be friends and see each other every 3 months or so. thaks for the replies, i feel a bit more confident now with what im doing:smile:
Reply 22
Not only that, but I also know a lot of couples who went to separate Unis, and in fact I think they're stronger now than before: they appreciate ecah other more.
did u pay for a tv lisence baby emmy? im thinkin of not taking mine cos i can watch dvds on my laptop but i will miss neighbours hehe
jess x x
Yeah i did as i didn't know if i was going to get any channels or not, got it refunded not long ago though. I wouldn't of botherd otherwise, DVD's on laptops is the way to go! Most halls with common rooms tend to have Sky so you can watch Neighbours in there :smile:... If everyone else lets you!!

-x-
Reply 25
I imagine they would: at Oxford, the entire College I stayed in went to the JCR to watch Neighbours lol, was somewhat of a communal event!

Question: why does it take women so much longer to pack suitcases than men?
very good tryin t work out how i can take as little as possible. music n dvds on laptop n get a little radio if need but i duno just want t save money and room. especially with all my ann summers work stuff that'l take up most of the room!! n girls take longer because we do it better! lads stuff ends up creased ours dont crease as much and we hav more t pack. basically we r better hehe (get ready for the banter!)
jess x x
Reply 27
Noooooooo way lol. I'm brilliant at folding clothes. Lay it on it's front, fold the arms over, then fold the left third over, and then the right third. Then fold up a little bit from the bottom, and then the rest until it is level with the collar. :biggrin: I think it's because women take lots of silly things with them. We went camping once and a female friend of mine took a massive bottle of moisturiser. :frown:
I fold like that! Lol! Takes me longer to pack as i take really random stuff that i have to hunt around for :smile: For example i took to Uni a mechanical blue penguin... no idea why!!!!

-x-
Reply 29
If I was allowed to give you more rep I would give you some for the mechnical blue penguin.....and it illustrates my point perfectly. :biggrin:
Reply 30
This weekend we took our 806 people carryer offroading down a mud track in a small section of forest in the middle of nowhere to camp in the middle of it. And then it broke down!
- With my cosins following behind in a blue fabia, which proply also had to stop, causing them too to get stuck in the mud.

- When i say middle of nowhere, its really proberbly is, nearest house is a mile away, and has no mains water. Only other housing is a farm about 5miles away, and another farm thats been converted to four houses.
- And when i say broken down, i mean making the most almight knocking noise you've heard for a long time (bar when my uncals 2cv through a con-rod) and spitting our large flakes of metal!

Good times.
-And a perfect example of how normal our family is. Hehe!

Daniel
Reply 31
Candy-Kills
im as always working 12 hours a day non-stop. (all my gap year's been like this) im just looking forward to going to uni.

btw, have any of you had to leave a girlfriend/bf behind when you went to loughborogh?

theres a girl i think i love and she definitely feels the same for me because she's told me, and now i dont know what to do with this relation. I'd like to tell her i love her but then we'd get all horny and sticky and i think it'd be much worse later when we have to split.
(yeah, maybe this should've gone into H&R, but i prefer asking this to "normal" people like you who i (more or less) know.)

My boyfriend started at Lboro last september while I was starting a course in Kent, he broke up with me because he said it was going to be too hard at uni and it might be better if we were both single, however once he got there he realised it was harder being apart from the one he loved mentally rather than physically. You don't have to be literally together to be a couple, as long as in your head you know you love and care for each other. We got back together a few weeks later and it was pretty much fine, tho we didn't see each other that often, once or twice a month we managed and now I'm joining him in Lboro. However, it's true that you are in Spain and you can't really pop over once or twice a month so it's going to have to be a real commitment where maybe you only see each other 3-4 times a year (during holidays or such). If you think you are able to do that that's great but you haveto consider both of you, if you are both in love I can't see why it can't work, distance makes the heart grow fonder as they say. But don't put both of you through heartbreak if you think 3-4 years in another country could make you/her less committed and lead to infidelity etc. Maybe she'll move over to UK at some point for studies or work? Just take one day at a time, good luck!:suith:
Reply 32
last year i split up with my bf of a year when he went to lboro, but now i have a boyfriend i truly love, but hes in the year below me, so he will still be at home when i go to lboro in september, and he may be having a gap year too.....its going to be hard, especially as his parents have said they wont approve of him having a gf at uni and wont let him use the car or support him or approve of him coming to stay with me. it will be hard anyway without all that. but i love him, incredibly, and he loves me, and i think we r gonna give it a go, but see what happens nearer the time. i couldnt imagine being without him.....
Aww Em! That seems harsh of your bf parents :frown: Sure it'll all work out if you love each other though :smile:

-x-
Reply 34
i know, but i'm trying to win them over, being extra nice and helpful etc

i hope it can work out, although loads of ppl i know who went to uni last year have told me virtaully no relationhisp outside uni lasts...:frown:
Reply 35
jess_wishes
i no a lot about wer i work but i work for ann summers so a bit ruder really! I do the parties as well do u think i wud get many at uni or not? i also work for a dog shop thing start there on thursday cant wait hehe. Iv got so much for uni now its great really excited now!
is anyone taking/ not taking their tv??

hope ur all well
jess x x

I just got back from 4 days in France, a road trip with my bessies for the 4th of our quartet's 21st birthday. 8 Lufbra-rians in Lille...was muchos fun! even though on Saturday I sunbathed for waaaaaay too long, resulting in heatstroke and dehydration, and getting picked up waaaay too early from the big night out!! but last night we went back and ended up running around with our 2 guy mates racing each other with two random gay guys on their shoulders....it was an awesome weekend!! hehe. and also me and my friend worked out on the drive home that 8 weeks today we start uni, meaning 8 weeks yday we move back into hall woooooooooooooooo can't wait!!
Zo x
Reply 36
baby_emmy
Ohh was trying to think of random things, didn't go to well...

*China in the cafe are made by 'winston' and rock!! Dropped so many cups and they never smashed :smile:
*Managers stick with managers, don't really care all that much about us 'customer assistants', so unless you bessie mates with a manager not going to go too far!
*You get to watch the most AMAZING videos in training, including what to do in a bomb scare (in marks & spencer?! Like thats gunna happen!!)
*Oh!! Per Una is helped made my the 'George at ASDA' creator!!
*Bit random, something i'm proud of though, was employee of the month once and got a box of chocolates and a free pen!! Woo!!

-x-

Hah - the M&S cafe I worked in so did not have that china - I smashed so much stuff! Mind you one of the guys that worked there was worse - he was wheeling a whole trolley into the wash area once and pushed it over by accident...only thing was he was pushing it open end first...so all the trays fell out and everything smashed EVERYWHERE! :biggrin:
Lol!!!! Ours was a v small cafe so never used the trolley thing, was just quicker to take it out to the back!! That China was amazing... would of smashed so much otherwise!

Worst things i did would be making the drinks wrong (too much espresso in weak latte etc)... but no one ever noticed!!

-x-
Reply 38
Cafes ahhhhhhh. We had an all staff meeting in our customer cafe today before we opened. The manager didn't shut up and we were 5 mins late opening the store. Lots of angry people. Grr. Not paid enough.
Reply 39
cnt get a summer job and badly need the money for next year :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending