The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Official Arts University Bournemouth Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Arts University Bournemouth Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Arts University Bournemouth.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Hello,
About me: Alevels - Physics, Religious Studies, Textiles, EPQ
I've applied for and got a place on the Foundation Art, Design and Media course at AUB. Any other applicants/ offer holders/ students that have completed the Foundation on here? I have 2 other offers (Loughborough and Kingston) to consider and want a feel for life at AUB and anything about the course :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Original post by sunnybibliophile
Hello,
About me: Alevels - Physics, Religious Studies, Textiles, EPQ
I've applied for and got a place on the Foundation Art, Design and Media course at AUB. Any other applicants/ offer holders/ students that have completed the Foundation on here? I have 2 other offers (Loughborough and Kingston) to consider and want a feel for life at AUB and anything about the course :smile:
I’m currently on the foundation, DO NOT do it, honestly do a foundation somewhere else.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m currently on the foundation, DO NOT do it, honestly do a foundation somewhere else.
Can I ask why, like are there any specific bits about it that you haven't liked? I've talked to some others on it and they seem to have had a good time doing it. Happy to hear any opinions :smile:
Can I ask why, like are there any specific bits about it that you haven't liked? I've talked to some others on it and they seem to have had a good time doing it. Happy to hear any opinions :smile:

Have you had a chance to visit for an offer holder day at AUB or any other choices?
Original post by PQ
Have you had a chance to visit for an offer holder day at AUB or any other choices?
Going to the offer holder day in April, Loughborough and Kingston days in June. I really loved AUB when I toured round on the open day
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there, aub foundation is my top choice and this has really worried me. What about the course makes you say this ?
Original post by Lsayshi
Hi there, aub foundation is my top choice and this has really worried me. What about the course makes you say this ?

Same here. I think if they don't reply I am going to ignore it. Others I have spoken to love it and I don't know if you have visited it but I loved it. Going to the offer holder day in April and will be asking lots of questions. Might put the answers on here :smile:
Reply 8
Same here. I think if they don't reply I am going to ignore it. Others I have spoken to love it and I don't know if you have visited it but I loved it. Going to the offer holder day in April and will be asking lots of questions. Might put the answers on here :smile:

Same, that's a good idea. I visited the campus and loved it but sadly I have a Textiles exam on the offer holder day, it would be great if you share any answers and info you get from the open day please :smile:

Original post by Lsayshi
Same, that's a good idea. I visited the campus and loved it but sadly I have a Textiles exam on the offer holder day, it would be great if you share any answers and info you get from the open day please :smile:

Damn, that's annoying. Is there only 1 offer holder day? I was sure there were multiple. If not, maybe put some questions you have on here, I can ask them for you
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Lsayshi

Hi there,

Great to hear you’re interested in our Foundation! If you have any questions for us we’d be happy to help. We sometimes see anonymous accounts on here spreading negativity, so we'd be more than happy to put you in touch with current students and course teams to give you a full idea of what the course is really like!

Sorry to hear there’s a clash with your Textiles exam we do actually have two more offer holder days this year on 12 and 19 April. It’d be great if you could come along to one of those, but if you have any questions please get in touch with [email protected] we may be able to help!

Best wishes,
AUB ☀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending