The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh lord the Xavi Iniesta comments. :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
Oh lord the Xavi Iniesta comments. :lol:

Tbh, you are the definitive Barca man in 2014. There's a 'fan' and then theses something else, you. You should be ashamed of yourself tbh....

Honestly, I really take your word for the La Liga games cause I know you will stick through thick and thin!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Tbh, you are the definitive Barca man in 2014. There's a 'fan' and then theses something else, you. You should be ashamed of yourself tbh....

Honestly, I really take your word for the La Liga games cause I know you will stick through thick and thin!!

How there's posting utter drivel, I'm a Barcelona fan but even I can say when they're playing like **** which has been a lot of this season. You said Messi doesn't perform for Argentina but people have already posted how he does. Until recently Ronaldo hasn't performed for Portugal either.
How there's posting utter drivel, I'm a Barcelona fan but even I can say when they're playing like **** which has been a lot of this season. You said Messi doesn't perform for Argentina but people have already posted how he does. Until recently Ronaldo hasn't performed for Portugal either.

yea i've been to Barcelolna a few times as well.

Holoway stinks of piss but it's my home. Any sne man prefers the 12 pins or the tollingtin foir a a laught
Original post by Zürich

Holoway stinks of piss but it's my home. Any sne man prefers the 12 pins or the tollingtin foir a a laught

What?
What?

That really makes no sense whatsoever :biggrin:

Big Z has started drinking early I think.

**** it sticking that in my sig, it's brilliant.
Reply 146
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's an FA Cup final. It's a big game. You wouldn't say the World Cup final wouldn't be a big game if Argentina/Brazil/Italy/Spain/Germany/Netherlands etc weren't in it.

You can go back and forth all day about 'didn't perform'. Fact is he impacted the game by scoring. If Messi does it and is quiet for the rest of the match nobody is gonna say he isn't a big game player.

I mean I don't even think he's been particularly great in that many Clasicos either, but he's scored in how many now? & since he's been scoring people have decided he's now a big game player and 'turns up' despite the fact he was doing that before. A lot of the times he's scored in the Clasicos he would to start off well then become increasingly uninvolved in the game as it went on.

He wasn't great in either of the CL games vs Man U but he scored in both. His job is to score, and he does it well in big games.

Firstly the FA cup final isn't comparable to a World Cup final, the World Cup final is the biggest game in football and only the champions league, European championship and perhaps copa America final would even come close. Secondly Man Utd playing against millwall is like Spain playing against Scotland, the game would be a foregone conclusion barring an act of god. So in that situation players like Xavi and Iniesta could stroll through the game and not play too well and Spain would walk it.

But that's a difference between Messi and Ronaldo; Messi has been the primary scorer for a long time because of the players around him, Ronaldo has always been asked to do a bit more so for him scoring isn't as much of an indicator of performance.

Even if you compare their performance in the classico's messi comes out way on top; 18 goals and 11 assists and he's won in 11 of those games in comparison to Ronaldo's 5.

This has sort of turned into a Ronaldo v messi thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Ronaldinho- my favourite player.

Messi is way overrated.
Reply 148
Rooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaldinhooooo

He did it all perfectly, and did it with that smile
Original post by Zürich

Were you in the state I currently am in when you made this comment?
Why isn't anyone mentioning MARTA? Bigots!!!
Reply 151
Original post by Feministdiva
Why isn't anyone mentioning MARTA? Bigots!!!

Maaaaybe because it's a Ronaldinho vs Messi thread :P
Reply 152
Original post by Roger1
Ronaldinho- my favourite player.

Messi is way overrated.

Ronaldinho's prime lasted about 4 years, before and after that he was a player with huge talent who only occasionally showed it. I don't understand how you can say the best goal scorer of all time is overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by Wade-
Ronaldinho's prime lasted about 4 years, before and after that he was a player with huge talent who only occasionally showed it. I don't understand how you can say the best goal scorer of all time is overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its true. I don't think he was disciplined enough to have his prime last any longer which is a shame. Such a shame
Reply 154
That messi goal though haha madness
Wow I never realised there were people who thought zidane was better than messi. Guessing you guys didn't watch both of them. tSR does bring out the niche opinions doesn't it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Wow I never realised there were people who thought zidane was better than messi. Guessing you guys didn't watch both of them. tSR does bring out the niche opinions doesn't it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't really compare the two. They play in completely different positions and have completely different roles..

Zidane is to be compared to the likes of pirlo etc

Edit: not that there is any comparison there- zidane is so much better.. Comparison in terms if positions lol
Original post by SHOO
You can't really compare the two. They play in completely different positions and have completely different roles..

Edit: not that there is any comparison there- zidane is so much better.. Comparison in terms if positions lol

If messi regularly played the position that zidane did for much of his career he would be a far better player there. He's just a superior attacking threat in virtually every way.

Zidane was undoubtedly a great player, probably the 4th best I've ever seen, but the two Ronaldos and messi are on a different level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Original post by SHOO

Comparing Zidane and Pirlo is like comparing Xavi and Iniesta; they do similar things but play one plays higher up the pitch

If messi regularly played the position that zidane did for much of his career he would be a far better player there. He's just a superior attacking threat in virtually every way.

Zidane was undoubtedly a great player, probably the 4th best I've ever seen, but the two Ronaldos and messi are on a different level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say Ronaldo was a better player that Zidane, Zidane had a more rounded game and also showed that he can carry a team on his own pretty much.

I would say Messi has to be deemed in the top three players ever and by the day he retires I'd say he'll be a strong choice for the best ever; no one has ever been able to score like he does and he can do so much more but I think he needs a World Cup like most of the other all time greats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159

Posted from TSR Mobile

Messi and CR7 are not as good as Zidane. R9 is closest out of the ones you've named.
Zidane > R9 > Ronaldinho > CR7 & Messi
Zizou, R9 and Ronaldinho played at a time with far better defenders and far more competition.
Messi and CR7 play in the best teams, literally built to support them and against terrible defences.
BTW, Zidane is the greatest player that has ever lived, no one is as complete as him.

Latest