The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Messi - he's made his unbelievable skill and talent look ordinary with how high quality he consistently is.
Original post by 4Q18
Messi and CR7 are not as good as Zidane. R9 is closest out of the ones you've named.
Zidane > R9 > Ronaldinho > CR7 & Messi
Zizou, R9 and Ronaldinho played at a time with far better defenders and far more competition.
Messi and CR7 play in the best teams, literally built to support them and against terrible defences.
BTW, Zidane is the greatest player that has ever lived, no one is as complete as him.

What more does Cristiano Ronaldo (and Lionel Messi) have to do?

Ronaldo La Liga 2014/15:

In 12 Apps:

Most Goals: 20
Most Assists: 8
Most Key Passes: 37

Ronaldo and Messi are the two greatest players I've seen and nobody even comes close.
Ronaldinho for me man! He changed football. End of. However Pele greatest player to have ever lived!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4Q18

Zizou, R9 and Ronaldinho played at a time with far better defenders

Prove it.

Anyway maradona ****s all over Zidane. If you're going to argue about defence then maradona played in Italy at a time when Italians were feared specifically for their defensive abilities
However messi in 2012 beats any player that has ever lived and perhaps will live.
Original post by Zander01
However messi in 2012 beats any player that has ever lived and perhaps will live.

/thread
Reply 166
Original post by 4Q18
Messi and CR7 are not as good as Zidane. R9 is closest out of the ones you've named.
Zidane > R9 > Ronaldinho > CR7 & Messi
Zizou, R9 and Ronaldinho played at a time with far better defenders and far more competition.
Messi and CR7 play in the best teams, literally built to support them and against terrible defences.
BTW, Zidane is the greatest player that has ever lived, no one is as complete as him.

Ronaldinho played at an all time great level for about 3 or 4 years, Ronaldo and Messi have been doing it for at least the past 6 and look set to continue. Even in his prime Ronaldinho was never even close to as prolific which eclipses his marginally better playmaking. You can't really use his international success either because he only won playing in an incredible team with Ronaldo and Rivaldo.

As for Ronaldo his strength undoubtedly lied in goalscoring and both Messi and Cristiano are more prolific. I also think that in terms of being an all round team player Messi and Cristiano offer more.

As for Zidane I would say he's the closest match for these two but the goalscoring is what sets them apart. For all Zidane's incredible ability I would take two players who can, at times, seemingly score at will.

It's funny seeing people talk about the likes of Maradona and Pele when the vast majority of TSR members would have seen highlights and heard secondhand accounts of their greatness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Messi.
Reply 168
Obviously Messi lol
How has this provoked nine pages worth of debate?
Messi, but Ronaldinho was incredible to watch around 04-06. Gap was huge to any other player.
Messi.
Got to be ronaldinho, the guy was a creative genius and had the world at his feet, remember World Cup when he single handedly tore through England's team. Scored his fair share too and was just a much more exciting player to watch than messi on my opinion. I don't get the big ****fest about messi anyway tbh.
Reply 173
Original post by Mackay
How has this provoked nine pages worth of debate?

It's football bro, you should know how these debates are just endless.. Especially on tsr
Reply 174
Original post by neal95
Got to be ronaldinho, the guy was a creative genius and had the world at his feet, remember World Cup when he single handedly tore through England's team. Scored his fair share too and was just a much more exciting player to watch than messi on my opinion. I don't get the big ****fest about messi anyway tbh.

wot
Original post by Fideo
wot

Yeah he's an amazing player but people that hardly watch football think he is football. Much prefer someone like ronaldo who has a comparable goal record, is more direct stronger and is more akin to the modern footballer
Was also crazy how he won the best player of the World Cup award as of that wasn't a big fix
Original post by SHOO
It's football bro, you should know how these debates are just endless.. Especially on tsr

Beats feminism and which University is better, I guess.
Reply 178
Original post by Mackay
Beats feminism and which University is better, I guess.

Oh & Religion
Original post by neal95
Yeah he's an amazing player but people that hardly watch football think he is football.

Pretty much the opposite way round

Latest