The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology Beliefs in society, June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Alex626
Ahh is see, guess i'll have to spend more time on it :frown: Is globalisation likely to come up? Its such a pain to revise

Yes, I think there has a chance of coming and POMO.
I've not looked through all the past papers yet but if that comes up we can criticise it with secularisation so that should be okay. Science is my worst one. :frown:
Original post by SanyaJb
We miss out so much from the text book, I literally have to go back and learn it myself. How useless are these teachers!

Tell me about it! My teacher hasn't even finished crime and deviance :| we haven't even touched on sociological theory :-(
Reply 42
Original post by MCarlene
Tell me about it! My teacher hasn't even finished crime and deviance :| we haven't even touched on sociological theory :-(

Same we have SO much to do for crime and deviance, we only started ethnicity on Friday. Our teacher wastes so much time.
Have you done methods in context? We haven't done that.

Theories is awful, I actually hate it.
Original post by SanyaJb
Same we have SO much to do for crime and deviance, we only started ethnicity on Friday. Our teacher wastes so much time.
Have you done methods in context? We haven't done that.

Theories is awful, I actually hate it.

Omg and mine! I didn't attend the lesson though so I'll be revising that today :-( and noo she hasn't done it, she said she's not going to because we done it last year. What other subjects do you study x
Reply 44
Original post by SanyaJb
Exactly, I'm just trying to keep up with everything. You should get a flashcard and write down stats/sociologists so before the exam you can go through them quickly without going through all your notes. My teacher doesn't do revision either because we are 'A2' and AS are their priority. :mad:

Its weird because the majority of people on this thread are complaining that their teachers are crap. Tbh i think its the teachers that cant teach, the topics arent that bad but sociology teachers have no clue what theyre on about! I went over organisations yesterday and realised how crap my teacher is cause my class knows nothing!
Reply 45
Omg and mine! I didn't attend the lesson though so I'll be revising that today :-( and noo she hasn't done it, she said she's not going to because we done it last year. What other subjects do you study x

As long as you catch up, that's all that matters! Yeah my teacher said the same, but we had one revision lesson over Easter and the better sociology went over it - which really helped. I do psychology and health&social care alevel. You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Umarahh
Its weird because the majority of people on this thread are complaining that their teachers are crap. Tbh i think its the teachers that cant teach, the topics arent that bad but sociology teachers have no clue what theyre on about! I went over organisations yesterday and realised how crap my teacher is cause my class knows nothing!

That's true, there must be a reason why teachers can't teach topics properly. I find self-teaching so much more useful.
Organisation and sects? My class is the same, people who used to get A's last year are how getting D's and they try to revise :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You feeling comfortable with methods in context? And omg, we study the same subjects haha amaze! x
Original post by Umarahh

Yeah I was thinking that! If they were actually good, sociology would actually be a lot more intriguing. Do you like religion in a global context.. I'm struggling with it , so so bad :-(
Reply 49
Yeah I was thinking that! If they were actually good, sociology would actually be a lot more intriguing. Do you like religion in a global context.. I'm struggling with it , so so bad :-(

Do you understand the ideology and science topic? Im trying to make an essay out of it, and i just cant structure it :/
Original post by Umarahh
Do you understand the ideology and science topic? Im trying to make an essay out of it, and i just cant structure it :/

Tbf, my teacher never even taught us that for some reason so during my own revision I went over it very vaguely. But now that I read this forum I will be going over it in depth sometime soon looool! x
Reply 51
Tbf, my teacher never even taught us that for some reason so during my own revision I went over it very vaguely. But now that I read this forum I will be going over it in depth sometime soon looool! x

Seriously, its important we revise properly cause our teachers arent going to help -.- ive got 5 exams before this exam, im so worried about everything now! :frown:
Original post by Umarahh
Seriously, its important we revise properly cause our teachers arent going to help -.- ive got 5 exams before this exam, im so worried about everything now! :frown:

I felt like this yesterday, have you made all your revision notes for the rest of your subjects and etc? The best thing to do now is do past papers or listen to your notes via voice memos. That's what I've been doing, it's helped me realise that I do remember the info I've been revising
Reply 53
I felt like this yesterday, have you made all your revision notes for the rest of your subjects and etc? The best thing to do now is do past papers or listen to your notes via voice memos. That's what I've been doing, it's helped me realise that I do remember the info I've been revising

We havent even finished all of the topics! :frown: Ive made notes on all of them except ideology and science, will go over that soon, got exams next week so im gonna get them out the way first I guess!
We've finished the course but I'm stressing so bad for this -.-
Reply 55
Original post by Umarahh
We havent even finished all of the topics! :frown: Ive made notes on all of them except ideology and science, will go over that soon, got exams next week so im gonna get them out the way first I guess!

Do you think religion and science will come up as an essay question on it's own...? I'm not quite sure this is right as there is only a little bit about this in my book which talks about The Enlightenment so i don't think it will come up as an essay question on it's own... :confused:
Reply 56
Original post by lauraaaaa
We've finished the course but I'm stressing so bad for this -.-

I think we're all in the same position.... :s-smilie:
Original post by Jerry
I think we're all in the same position.... :s-smilie:

I've revised all of this unit, but unit four is another story hahaha. Absolutely screwed.
Reply 58
Original post by lauraaaaa
I've revised all of this unit, but unit four is another story hahaha. Absolutely screwed.

what is your unit 4? Theory and methods?
Original post by Jerry
what is your unit 4? Theory and methods?

Crime and deviance with theory and methods

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending