The Student Room Group

Does anyone else...?

Feel free to post weird things that you do (and think no one else does) in this thread. You can also quote people if you do the same so they won't be alone in their weird habits anymore :tongue:.

I'll start :smile: :

If I'm eating something like a sandwich, it has to be in a perfectly straight line. Can't just bite into it randomly.

When something is loading on my computer, I always use the mouse to measure the loading bar to see if it's stopped or just moving really slowly.

I prefer all numbers to be even. TV volume, alarm time, you name it.

I always pace around whenever I work. I walk around the house with a textbook all the time :tongue:.

I try and lock a lock after I've done it, just to be sure.

I keep all my games in alphabetical order and never throw away the manuals or ads.

Whenever I need to concentrate on something sitting down, I sit like L from Death Note

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't bear the noise of ticking clocks, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep. I attempt to match the sound of me breathing with the ticking because I cant stand the syncopation but then I either end up panting or breathing really slowly (every two or more ticks).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by meemily
I can't bear the noise of ticking clocks, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep. I attempt to match the sound of me breathing with the ticking because I cant stand the syncopation but then I either end up panting or breathing really slowly (every two or more ticks).

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, I have this too (not the breathing thing though :tongue:) Even the smallest noise is so irritating!

I can't sleep at all unless it's perfectly silent, so that might be a bit more extreme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Before picking up a call or recording myself, I exhale sharply a few times.

I speak terrible english with a Russian accent when I'm being foolish

I stare at every reflective surface

I comb my hair so it goes staticy after washing it. It amuses me

When I'm stressed in an exam I tickle the back on my own neck to calm myself (I'm no feline)

I keep all my receipts until I have logged them into a spreadsheet to manage my finances

I feel very comfortable with friends. To the extent that I'd fall asleep in the same bed without ulterior thoughts or motives.
Always have to wait till my phone is nearly dead before charging it again.
Reply 5
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

I thought you were supposed to do that? Better for the battery life or something like that :s-smilie:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
I thought you were supposed to do that? Better for the battery life or something like that :s-smilie:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but not everyone does.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Yep, this^

I also tend to move around a lot when I revise. I sometimes pace up and down the hallway.

I get really sweaty when a lot of people's attention is on me. It's gross.

I cry when I'm frustrated and then get frustrated when I'm sad.

I speak supremely fast. So fast that almost nobody can understand me
Reply 8
I always eat the outside crust of toast first.

I keep my clock 5 minutes ahead.
apparently theres a specific way of eating samosas and ive been doing it wrong for 16 years....

I DONT CARE PEOPLE!!!
Original post by dasolja123
apparently theres a specific way of eating samosas and ive been doing it wrong for 16 years....

I DONT CARE PEOPLE!!!

Wut? Please enlighten me on the 'correct' way to eat samosas :teeth:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Whenever I am on the phone or reading a book I sit in really odd positions, mostly with my back on the floor and my legs up the wall.

If things aren't in their place before I go to sleep I can't get to sleep then I end up tidying up in the middle of the night.

I still never step on the cracks when I'm walking.

I plan every single conversation I will have in a day. If I'm meeting someone, I will make a list of conversations to avoid and conversations to have if we run out of things to say.

I iron my socks.
I have to write with a specific pen
I microwave my marshmallows
I eat cereal with a teaspoon
:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by majmuh24
Wut? Please enlighten me on the 'correct' way to eat samosas :teeth:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

u kno the way theyre pointing upwards-u eat em that way-where all the filling is-not the crunchy part :frown:

i prefer my way....
Reply 14
Original post by easyastau
Whenever I am on the phone or reading a book I sit in really odd positions, mostly with my back on the floor and my legs up the wall.

If things aren't in their place before I go to sleep I can't get to sleep then I end up tidying up in the middle of the night.

I still never step on the cracks when I'm walking.

I plan every single conversation I will have in a day. If I'm meeting someone, I will make a list of conversations to avoid and conversations to have if we run out of things to say.

I iron my socks.

Same! Although it's not to superstition, but just because I like patterns and having a full surface under my feet. Sometimes I try not to step on broken tiles as well, makes the game harder :biggrin:
Reply 15
Does anyone make up music in your head as you're walking? And the song is affected by your walking speed, the lighting, the surface you're walking on, colours etc?
Reply 16
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Same! Although it's not to superstition, but just because I like patterns and having a full surface under my feet. Sometimes I try not to step on broken tiles as well, makes the game harder :biggrin:

It makes me walk at exactly the same pace every day because the way I walk to school is all tiled so I can just step on every other tile and I walk at the right speed for it to take exactly 20 minutes. It makes my awkwardness with time very happy!
I like my soup to be half cold and half warm.

I take baths that are far too hot for me.

I have a tiny bit of a fetish for TSR mods.

I have to have a glass of milk with everything I eat.

I see most things entirely innocently.
Original post by Maid Marian
I like my soup to be half cold and half warm.

I take baths that are far too hot for me.

I have a tiny bit of a fetish for TSR mods.

I have to have a glass of milk with everything I eat.

I see most things entirely innocently.

tiny?
Original post by rasberyl
I always eat the outside crust of toast first.

I do this, but with my sandwiches

Original post by dasolja123

I DONT CARE PEOPLE!!!

You eat the bottom first?

Quick Reply

Latest