The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if there is going to be an unofficial mark scheme/model answers for this paper soon?
Reply 201
How are we supposed to know the units for charge carrier density, why there are 3 squares in a qr code, mass of a raindrop and wood, uses of graphene etc. Taking physics was a huge mistake because half of it isn't physics
Original post by emfp21
How are we supposed to know the units for charge carrier density, why there are 3 squares in a qr code, mass of a raindrop and wood, uses of graphene etc. Taking physics was a huge mistake because half of it isn't physics

I said that the 3 squares were there as a control so the camera could see them and recognise them instantly as a QR code...
Original post by rapunzelsa
Wood is 10^3
Infrared is 10^-6
Raindrop is 10^-6

Frequency is s^-1
Charge carrier density is m^-3
Lens power is m^-1

10^-3 Kg for 1 cubic metre of wood? You what? I can't remember the question but I'm sure it was something like that
Reply 204
Original post by Minecraft27
I said that the 3 squares were there as a control so the camera could see them and recognise them instantly as a QR code...

That's what I said, but I googled it and apparently they are position markers?
Original post by mhtiger

yes, they show the computer where the information starts and finishes
Reply 206
Original post by mhtiger

Apparently It's so you can capture it from any angle, how are we supposed to know that??!
water is 10^3 and wood is only slightly less dense than water.
Hehehe I'm gonna be here next year :biggrin:

do you all like the OCR B exam board?
That paper was a joke. Thank god I had the German paper right after to bring me back to life!
Original post by AlphaNick

L o l, worst exam board e v e r
I'm sure resistance for the ldr was 1380 ohms
Original post by AlphaNick

Terrible exam board... It's not even just this particular exam, in general this course is pretty bad :frown:
Original post by Wesbian

No, I'm pretty sure it was 463 ohms.

At 1000lux, the p.d. across R was 3.8V.

Therefore 3.8/6 = 800/(800+R of LDR).

With some modest rearranging it yields R of LDR = 463. Check it yourself, 800/1263 * 6 is 3.8000475, so 3.8V.
Original post by Wesbian

That's what I got but I think we've mixed up the r and ldr voltage, just hope we haven't, but yh that paper was bull****, Ocr aren't good they ****ed our year over in the further maths aswell
(edited 9 years ago)
I just don't get how they ask us to learn all this course and then ask us the most irrelevant stuff like the mass of a wooden block :angry:
I mean I could make an educated guess, but isn't exam meant to test you on what you've learnt ffs :frown:
Original post by Wesbian

No, I got the same as you, and I know it's wrong. The graph was for the fixed resistor, not the LDR. I think we'll get 1/2 marks from that question.
Reply 217
Defiantly agree man
Reply 218
Original post by Jmt1996
Defiantly agree man

Look at pg 7 it has a similar question

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/58054-question-paper-unit-g491-physics-in-action.pdf
Original post by H0PEL3SS
No, I got the same as you, and I know it's wrong. The graph was for the fixed resistor, not the LDR. I think we'll get 1/2 marks from that question.

Ohhhhhhhh yeah oops :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending