The Student Room Group

How to increase grade in chemistry

Hi there,
I am currently doing maths, physics and chemistry at A level, looking to study aerospace engineering at university, requiring A*,A,A or A,A,B depending on which one I choose. I am currently getting a C in chemistry, and predicted a B. My teacher is a knowledgeable chemist, but staggeringly incompetent as a teacher and my school has said that I cannot switch teachers due to timetable constraints. Any advice on how to improve my grade, what resources to use or anything else you may think is helpful. Thanks in advance
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by evanh3103
Hi there,
I am currently doing maths, physics and chemistry at A level, looking to study aerospace engineering at university, requiring A*,A,A or A,A,B depending on which one I choose. I am currently getting a C in chemistry, and predicted a B. My teacher is a knowledgeable chemist, but staggeringly incompetent as a teacher and my school has said that I cannot switch teachers due to timetable constraints. Any advice on how to improve my grade, what resources to use or anything else you may think is helpful. Thanks in advance

I think I have summarised pretty much everything here that helped me:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790

Which exam board are you with for chemistry?
Reply 2
Original post by TypicalNerd
I think I have summarised pretty much everything here that helped me:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253201&page=2#post97549790

Which exam board are you with for chemistry?

OCR A, thanks for the advice!
Original post by evanh3103
OCR A, thanks for the advice!

MaChemGuy and Mr Murray-Green Chemistry tutorials are the best resources for OCR A.

OCR A also has a lot of official resources published giving comprehensive lists of organic reactions and tricks for exam technique that should help you avoid unnecessarily dropping marks.
Reply 5
Ik pmt has some revision resources, I have not used them tho

Quick Reply

Latest