The Student Room Group

The Evanescence Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Oh my bad lol! Same here, even if the tickets weren't sold out when they came to England in 2012 I literally had no one to go with. I can't imagine going to a concert by myself for the first time. I'd probably get lost or something lol.

My friends only know "Bring me to life" aside from that they think its a depressive suicidal band, which is such a misconception.

I really hope the new album will be more like 'The Open Door' Album. I hope they don't come back all pop like and commercial oriented.

Aw loool, you haven't lost your concert virginity yet? You have to go see Evanescence to lose it :wink:
Wow haha omg :| My friend likes a couple of their songs but she's not a major fan, she's only heard their songs through me.

Their sound on that and 'Fallen' was good :smile: Same! I don't think I could handle it if they did, they need to stick with their original sound.
Original post by SassQueen13
Aw loool, you haven't lost your concert virginity yet? You have to go see Evanescence to lose it :wink:
Wow haha omg :| My friend likes a couple of their songs but she's not a major fan, she's only heard their songs through me.

Their sound on that and 'Fallen' was good :smile: Same! I don't think I could handle it if they did, they need to stick with their original sound.

Concert virgin here yep.. I know :tongue: all the bands I've wanted to see either tour North America mostly or come to England and the tickets get sold out before I can even blink twice. I really need to make friends that have the same appreciation for music that I'm into.

My friends are more of the "omg I wanna see Drake live" kinda people, I cannot stand him. I'd rather have my own concert at home watching paint dry.

I loved the 'Fallen' too, 'Everybody's Fool' makes me cry for some reason, and Amy Lee just looks so beautiful in the music video. Do you have a favourite Evanescence song?

How did you feel about their recent self titled album 'Evanescence'? I really wasn't feeling that 'What You Want' single..
Reply 22
Concert virgin here yep.. I know :tongue: all the bands I've wanted to see either tour North America mostly or come to England and the tickets get sold out before I can even blink twice. I really need to make friends that have the same appreciation for music that I'm into.

My friends are more of the "omg I wanna see Drake live" kinda people, I cannot stand him. I'd rather have my own concert at home watching paint dry.

I loved the 'Fallen' too, 'Everybody's Fool' makes me cry for some reason, and Amy Lee just looks so beautiful in the music video. Do you have a favourite Evanescence song?

How did you feel about their recent self titled album 'Evanescence'? I really wasn't feeling that 'What You Want' single..

Hehee I guess it makes it more special when you do lose it XD Yeah I get you, tickets sell out so quick that half the time I don't get to see my fave bands :frown: Same, my friends don't really like bands like Evanescence so I don't really have people to fangirl over them with #firstworldproblems haha

Omg same, I think Drake is so overrated ._. He has zero talent. I don't mind chart music but I hate it when people like Drake, One Direction etc are overhyped. Aw that's me with 'Lithium', I break down when I hear it! She looks beautiful in every video literally :') My favourites are probably 'Bring me to life' and 'Lithium'. But obviously I love lots of their other songs too, those two just have a special place in my heart.

hmmm I preferred their other albums but I actually really liked 'What You Want'! I can see why you don't like it though. I really liked 'My Heart is Broken' . Didn't you think it was cute when they released a video for 'Lost in Paradise' for valentines day? ^^

Sorry about this essay xD
Original post by SassQueen13
Hehee I guess it makes it more special when you do lose it XD Yeah I get you, tickets sell out so quick that half the time I don't get to see my fave bands :frown: Same, my friends don't really like bands like Evanescence so I don't really have people to fangirl over them with #firstworldproblems haha

Omg same, I think Drake is so overrated ._. He has zero talent. I don't mind chart music but I hate it when people like Drake, One Direction etc are overhyped. Aw that's me with 'Lithium', I break down when I hear it! She looks beautiful in every video literally :') My favourites are probably 'Bring me to life' and 'Lithium'. But obviously I love lots of their other songs too, those two just have a special place in my heart.

hmmm I preferred their other albums but I actually really liked 'What You Want'! I can see why you don't like it though. I really liked 'My Heart is Broken' . Didn't you think it was cute when they released a video for 'Lost in Paradise' for valentines day? ^^

Sorry about this essay xD

Its fine I like essays! Except the ones I'm supposed to be doing.. :colondollar: Oh god, don't even get me started on One Direction. I think the hype about them is dying down now, especially the whole "xyz celeb is dating Harry Styles now", pissed me right off lol. Lithium is so beautiful especially live and so is Understanding! Understanding can make me cry on the spot, train, car, bus no matter where I am the tears come down. :')

Omg what video? I know they released a lyric video for it. I love that song its actually one of my faves on the album.

I guess I am so used to the 'old' Evanescence. I just felt like 'What you Want' was a song they created to appeal to the masses. I prefer her other songs that have more of a meaning and depth. You know when the lyrics make you really think, you just pause and think oh **** she's singing about me.
Reply 24
Its fine I like essays! Except the ones I'm supposed to be doing.. :colondollar: Oh god, don't even get me started on One Direction. I think the hype about them is dying down now, especially the whole "xyz celeb is dating Harry Styles now", pissed me right off lol. Lithium is so beautiful especially live and so is Understanding! Understanding can make me cry on the spot, train, car, bus no matter where I am the tears come down. :')

Omg what video? I know they released a lyric video for it. I love that song its actually one of my faves on the album.

I guess I am so used to the 'old' Evanescence. I just felt like 'What you Want' was a song they created to appeal to the masses. I prefer her other songs that have more of a meaning and depth. You know when the lyrics make you really think, you just pause and think oh **** she's singing about me.

Haha that makes two of us! Yeah but those constant 'Larry' shipper fangirls just annoy me haha. Awwww, all their songs are beautiful tbh. Goth rock in it self is so meaningful, Evanescence was the band that changed my music taste for the better and introduced me to awesome rock music. Umm I think Amy Lee tweeted it but I think it was just a montage of photos of clips/photos, I tried to find it but couldn't rn >< Yeah I see what you mean, her songs like 'Everybody's Fool', 'Lithium' and 'My Immortal' are amazing and the lyrics are just...beautiful. Yeah totally, that's why I cry when I hear 'Lithium'.
I love Evanescence and Amy Lee. I appreciate that fact that she and the band make music which is decent. I love all their albums and wait for the day to see them live.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by TheSteamGoth
I love Evanescence and Amy Lee. I appreciate that fact that she and the band make music which is decent. I love all their albums and wait for the day to see them live.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One day we shall see them live. One day.
So Amy Lee recently posted a snippet of her new song...'Aftermath' :woo:
Excited to hear the whole thing when it is released :biggrin:
Reply 28
This is relevant:

[video="youtube;BB7bX2ZWLpo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB7bX2ZWLpo[/video]
Original post by Stinkum
This is relevant:

Love that song haha.
Wtf. Haven't watched the US office... didn't think it looked all that good. That had some good comedy value tho :P
Reply 30
Original post by hellodave5
Love that song haha.
Wtf. Haven't watched the US office... didn't think it looked all that good. That had some good comedy value tho :P

Lol, that show is hilarious for me!! It's got Steve Carell (my favourite comedian) and Will Ferrel did a few episodes, it's my favourite comedy show of all time! :smile:
Original post by Stinkum
Lol, that show is hilarious for me!! It's got Steve Carell (my favourite comedian) and Will Ferrel did a few episodes, it's my favourite comedy show of all time! :smile:

Haha may have to give it a chance :smile:
Original post by Stinkum
This is relevant:

[video="youtube;BB7bX2ZWLpo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB7bX2ZWLpo[/video]

:rofl: Das it mane :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've recently fallen in love with her music again. I had her album when I was about 13 and played it all the time and memorised all the lyrics.

Have fallen in love with Hello, My Immortal and My Heart Is Broken, all over again.
Original post by hannxm
I've recently fallen in love with her music again. I had her album when I was about 13 and played it all the time and memorised all the lyrics.

Have fallen in love with Hello, My Immortal and My Heart Is Broken, all over again.

Their.
Bit late to this thread! I saw Evanescence live on Thursday on their Synthesis Tour, and I got to meet Amy, Jen and Tim after the show! They were all so kind and happy to pose for photos and sign my tour programme!
Just heard some of that reworking album.

Honestly only thing that should be changed is calling it 'Amy Lee' rather than 'Evanescence'. But I guess ya gotta make the most out of a brand name.
Funny thread :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest