The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

As far as I'm concerned, you're all Easterns.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 161
LastGrape
Surley your not English at all then?

Exactly. I put Cornish as my ethnicity in the last census :laugh:
Reply 162
North for me includes Liverpool and Manchester (my mum's from Warrington which is in between the two, and she's DEFINITELY northern!) and anywhere in those areas and further north. On the eastern side north goes from Hull upwards. :biggrin:
JeremyK
At least I can say that I'm a true 'Southener' being down in sunny Cornwall :P

Cornish > all :smile:

We're not Southerners we're South Westerners.
dobbs
Don't worry, only true Northerners know that Liverpool and Manchester are in the midlands. Ask anyone from Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, etc. :wink:

:ditto: so true.
Reply 165
dobbs
Don't worry, only true Northerners know that Liverpool and Manchester are in the midlands. Ask anyone from Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, etc. :wink:

Booooyah! :cool:
In fact, only TRUE Northerners know that Aberdeen and Dundee are in the north, and Newcastle etc are in the middle of the country. :wink:
Reply 167
King Hippo
In fact, only TRUE Northerners know that Aberdeen and Dundee are in the north, and Newcastle etc are in the middle of the country. :wink:

That's if you're talking about the United Kingdom. We are talking about England. I quite concede that I'm in the middle of the UK :smile:
Northernness is a state of mind, not a geographical location. (Unless, of course, you live in the south)

Latest