The Student Room Group

Landlord Is complaining about my mini heater and candles

I’ve lived here in my third year uni accommodation since September. And today my landlord came up to me and told me off for having candles.. (her locked door in my room is full of her stuff which she needed for her holiday this weekend, hence why she entered my room) which by the way, it said nothing in the agreement about not having candles and I moved in with them, so she’s seen them multiple times. Or mini heaters (as during the winter it got absolutely freezing, even my mum said so, and my friend who lived here before me asked her to put the heating on and even she got complaints about her mini heater).

And just for context, the other ex-uni girl that lives here has a heater and wears shorts around the house and she’s been here 4 years.

Now I don’t have my heating on very much at all. And yet she came to my today to complain and then said to me “I don’t know why you always wear shorts, you must have you heating on all the time, if you’re cold then wear more clothes”. Uhm first, I wear shorts because I want to, especially to bed and second I don’t have the heating on much right now. My parents and friends were shocked that my landlord said that about my clothing.

Ps; she’s never had a problem with my mini fridge that’s been plugged in and running since September. Yet has a problem with me and my friend who lived here before me having a heater and candles, when the other girl who’s been here for 4 years has the same things, plus a heated blanket, and wears shorts, never gets spoken to…

Is there a way in which I could bring this up nicely to her. As I’m meant to be staying till aug. And I don’t want to end on bad terms with her.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending