The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

On campus internet

How is the internet in the on campus accommodation? Is it fast? reliable? Heavily monitored? I know some universities like to block a lot of websites on their internet, such as blocking all p2p connections and even block games, but the lincoln website doesn't really have a lot of information on their internet, just that it is "Free 24 hour broadband service" so any extra would be helpful.
Reply 1
Hi Anonkuni,

I can tell you that the university has very little restrictions on the internet if any. as of yet i havent heard of many sites that are blocked unless they are malicious. No its not like school in the way they block social media sights such as youtube or facebook you can access almost any site anywhere using the on campus wifi. In terms of on campus accomodation there is wifi in the communal areas and internet cables for the rooms. ive heard mixed responses to the speeds.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Understand a WiFi upgrade on campus over summer planned to covers rooms but fastest connection is via Ethernet port. I was told best speeds when UNI office closed eg evening n weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest