The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

other trans students..?

Any other trans students starting at Lincoln in September? Just curious, in case anyone wants someone else to commiserate with over ****.

(I would do this un-anonymously, but if nobody relies I'm not super hyped about having outed myself for anyone on the Internet to link to me)
Original post by Anonymous
Any other trans students starting at Lincoln in September? Just curious, in case anyone wants someone else to commiserate with over ****.

(I would do this un-anonymously, but if nobody relies I'm not super hyped about having outed myself for anyone on the Internet to link to me)

There will likely be an active community at Lincoln yes - best look on the website of the students' union there for an LGBTQ+ society or Trans society and start there. Or email them if you can't find it. :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Thank you for posting your message. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner!

Firstly, I just want to say that it is great to hear that you are joining us in September. We can't wait to welcome you onto campus!

The Students' Union does in fact have a Trans and Non-Binary Society, which would be a great starting point. It is a society which offers a safe and inclusive space. Joining a society is a great way to make friends! The Trans and Non-Binary Society hosts a number of different events, ranging from game nights, to arts and crafts.

Here are their social media accounts, so you can see what sort of thing they get up to, or even if you'd like to contact them prior to joining us next month: (Twitter) @UoLTNBSoc and @transnonbinaryuol (Instagram). You can also email them on [email protected].

During Welcome Week, on Tuesday 19 September, between 10am-4pm, the Societies Fayre will be open in the Engine Shed for you to explore what societies are available through the Students' Union. The Trans and Non-Binary Society should be there for you to speak to, if you feel comfortable doing so. They'll be able to tell you about the society as a whole, what sort of things they do when they meet, and how you can get involved. I've also included a link to their society page on the SU website: https://lincolnsu.com/activities/view/TransandNon-BinarySociety. It might also be a good idea to get in contact with them before you attend the Fayre.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out if you would like any more information.

We look forward to welcoming you onto campus in September!

Olivia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest