The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Dynamic Planet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JoeSci
Worst exam I have ever sat, out of all the questions I've practiced in the 3 years I've done it none came up even worded similarly, barely any case study questions and everything was awfully vague - the boundaries better be low :frown:

same here my whole year even the geeks were just like that is the hardest exam I have ever taken. All I can say is I hope people and planet is better
Original post by spoony22
same here my whole year even the geeks were just like that is the hardest exam I have ever taken. All I can say is I hope people and planet is better

"Geeks" um do you mean intelligent people? This is TSR where 'geeks' make up 90% of users so it would be wise not to generalise. :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I talked about air masses, air funnels, precipitation, temperature, urgh rising sea levels x_x I forgot the North Atlantic Drift due to panic, but I would of put that down if I had remembered,oh and also relief rainfall..But idek Dx
Original post by Pandorax
I talked about air masses, air funnels, precipitation, temperature, urgh rising sea levels x_x I forgot the North Atlantic Drift due to panic, but I would of put that down if I had remembered,oh and also relief rainfall..But idek Dx

Did you say arctic air masses may be funneled southwards? I also talked about changes in the north Atlantic drift that may reduce sea temperatures and impact on path of depressions leading to lower rainfall on the west coast of the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the destructive wave one, I completely guessed..xD I even said something about how destructive waves in Lulworth cove have created an attractive formation which means there is more tourism which shows the importance of destructive waves...Oh gahd.
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Did you say arctic air masses may be funneled southwards? I also talked about changes in the north Atlantic drift that may reduce sea temperatures and impact on path of depressions leading to lower rainfall on the west coast of the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally just said that the (question) because of altering air funnels and arctic air masses which may lead to more stormy weather, I said how rising sea levels will contribute to more erosion (I don't think that's relevant) And I said relief rainfall from the mountains will also be altered which will cause varying precipitation levels <- I completely guessed C: Im might of said something else..but? I don't know, I can hopefully get two marks for the mentions of arctic air masses, yours is correct though ^^
ngl during the exam I was so worried, but then went on twitter and here and felt comforted that I wasnt the only one who found it difficult and lack of case studies! really expecting low grade boundaries
Original post by ella_chloe
ngl during the exam I was so worried, but then went on twitter and here and felt comforted that I wasnt the only one who found it difficult and lack of case studies! really expecting low grade boundaries

Lol, the more people who get bad grades, the lower boundaries, woo! (Sorry people, kinda hoping majority of people found it difficult) I doubt I even managed to reach the 30 or 40 mark in that test to be honest, everything was guessed and the whole structure of the questions and knowledge was different from what we had learnt. It's like forcing you to come up with your own answers based on knowledge you learnt years ago, and we have been taught to apply that knowledge in a completely different way..:s.. I ended up trying to force case studies into my answers in the hope that they will give me some marks for mentioning names, even if they weren't related. xD
Reply 48
For the destructive wave one, I completely guessed..xD I even said something about how destructive waves in Lulworth cove have created an attractive formation which means there is more tourism which shows the importance of destructive waves...Oh gahd.

F***. Didn't even answer that question. -8 marks for me
Original post by JAIYEKO
F***. Didn't even answer that question. -8 marks for me

It's fine, I'm pretty sure I only got one or two marks on that, or maybe none. xD I answered every question..through guessing. I hate leaving a question blank,so I always try to fill up the space, but everything I write will most likely give me no marks. :s The grade boundaries are likely to be seriously low as well, during the exam the person in front of me started crying and started scribbling alot of their work from what I could tell, and they're an A* student xD
Reply 50
It's fine, I'm pretty sure I only got one or two marks on that, or maybe none. xD I answered every question..through guessing. I hate leaving a question blank,so I always try to fill up the space, but everything I write will most likely give me no marks. :s The grade boundaries are likely to be seriously low as well, during the exam the person in front of me started crying and started scribbling alot of their work from what I could tell, and they're an A* student xD
Yeah a girl started crying aswell. It'll probably be 45/78 for an A*. Dreading to image what the other two exams will be like. Even the question about convection current seemed to be tricky.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ella_chloe
anyone do coasts?? (question5) what did you put for the last bit about destructive waves! and q1c was awful I made up so much.
I knew it was a new specification but it didnt have to be so hard. next years paper will probably be easier so it looked like grades increased. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mentioned Wave Cut Platforms and how this has lead to the formation of cliffs. I also mentioned how it has eroded coasts to form stacks, stumps etc, not sure if I'm right though.
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah a girl started crying aswell. It'll probably be 45/78 for an A*. Dreading to image what the other two exams will be like. Even the question about convection current seemed to be tricky.

just used that physics knowledge, really didn't like that question!
the amount of rubbish that I wrote on the last 2 questions just to ensure those extra 6 marks for spelling punctuation and grammar
Original post by Prerana
wasn't it out of 78?

yeah, the total was 78 but there was 6 marks for SPG
Reply 55
^yh did not understand that question so I wrote everything I knew which is not a lot lol. Honestly I was expecting this to be the best exam out of the three but now I'm worried about the making decisions.The specimen papers we did as a mock were different and I preferred them. I can't believe they made us waste our time learning so many case studies when i could be revising something else and not even ask for many gah I'm so annoyed! I completely flunked the UK one I wrote about it globally :/ I'm just upset I was really not expecting it to be that bad and it was on the same day as the awful B2 so now I'm already feeling demotivated :/

Oh cool, nice to know I wasn't the only one on the verge of mental collapse right in the middle of the exam.

I kept on looking around, trying to establish eye contact with a fellow peer to express my anguish and receive a mutual response in the hope of gaining assurance that I wasn't the only one who felt f**** by Edexcel.
Please see announcement at the top of the page.
Reply 58
Original post by TartarusEnosa
Oh cool, nice to know I wasn't the only one on the verge of mental collapse right in the middle of the exam.

I kept on looking around, trying to establish eye contact with a fellow peer to express my anguish and receive a mutual response in the hope of gaining assurance that I wasn't the only one who felt f**** by Edexcel.

I tried looking around to no avail - everyone seemed to be getting on just fine which worried me haha

Wasn't until I got out when I found out what really happened
Original post by JoeSci
I tried looking around to no avail - everyone seemed to be getting on just fine which worried me haha

Wasn't until I got out when I found out what really happened

Awh, everyone around me, you could tell everyone thought they were screwed, which kind of lightened the mood in a strange way xD

Quick Reply

Latest