The Student Room Group

aqa c3 pastpaper question help

in the june 13 paper for c3 q2)b) instead of the quotient rule i know i can use the product rule instead by making the denominator to the power of -1
but it doesnt work in this specific question why?
also on the january 08 q7 their is 4 inequalities my answer had 2 of them combined but the MS doesnt mention this combined inequality as an answer.
Original post by nmjasdk
in the june 13 paper for c3 q2)b) instead of the quotient rule i know i can use the product rule instead by making the denominator to the power of -1
also on the january 08 q7 their is 4 inequalities my answer had 2 of them combined but the MS doesnt mention this combined inequality as an answer.

It would be a help if you posted the questions. We don't all have copies of the papers.
The product rule works for that problem. If you take a picture of your work for it, I'll see if I can work out where your mistake is.
Reply 3
Original post by nmjasdk

It will work on any question (as long as the derivative is defined in the first place :smile: )

Can you give us the question and what you think the answer should be when you use the product rule?

Quick Reply

Latest