The Student Room Group

help

got 4 months for my cie as and a2 chem. revising book content right now. when should i start doing my pastpapers? also how many pastpapers per day would be enough for an a or a*? thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by nacool
got 4 months for my cie as and a2 chem. revising book content right now. when should i start doing my pastpapers? also how many pastpapers per day would be enough for an a or a*? thanks

Hi @nacool,

I did chemistry for my A-Levels as well, and something during my A2 was to start past papers sooner. Although you might feel as though you haven't fully grasped certain topics well enough, it's still useful to go through a paper and become more familiar with the format, and question types you can expect in each section.

As for me, I found the calculations and inorganic aspect of chemistry more difficult than the organic. Therefore, practicing past papers allowed me to consistently practice calculation questions which eventually helped me get better at it. However, I do understand how overwhelming going through entire past papers can be especially, sometimes it got me a little demotivated when I came across questions for topics I wasn't to secure in. In this case, I searched up topical questions for the subjects I was more confident with, alongside this I would textbook revise the topics that needed brushing up on so I could eventually tackle a whole past paper.

I would say 3-4 past papers should be ideal, if you're doing both both papers (MCQ + written answer questions) for each series.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest