The Student Room Group

IGCSE Maths Paper 3H - 12th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Don't think I did too badly.. lost one mark as far as I can see but I'll probably have lost more for using the wrong methods and things! I'm not too worried about 4H - hopefully it'll be okay!
Which is easier paper 3H or 4H?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Seeing at that it looks like I did fine and am within the A* boundary. Few! I was so worried about the paper as I thought I had cocked up a few times. If anyone's interested, school sent us a list of topics that weren't in that paper so I can post them if you want them.
Original post by Lokiofasgard
Seeing at that it looks like I did fine and am within the A* boundary. Few! I was so worried about the paper as I thought I had cocked up a few times. If anyone's interested, school sent us a list of topics that weren't in that paper so I can post them if you want them.

Yes please! I've seen a few on here but hey, anything would be useful!
Original post by thefoodieteen
Yes please! I've seen a few on here but hey, anything would be useful!

Here you go;

Multiples, factors and primes (including LCM and HCF)
Recurring decimals
Angle rules, including angles in polygons
Rules of indices including negative and fractional
Standard form
Ratio
Direct and inverse proportion
Circle theorems (except intersecting chords)
Solving equations
Speed/distance/time including graphs
Constructions
Simultaneous equations including quadratics
Solving inequalities using algebra
Pythagoras and trigonometry in 3D
y = mx + c and equations of lines etc.
Vectors
Quadratics factorising, solving equations, formula etc.
Drawing graphs(quadratic, cubic, reciprocal etc.) and using them to solve equations
Cosine rule
Using differentiation for velocity/acceleration etc.
Histograms

It seems like they left out quite a few of the easier topics on the 3h paper- s,d,t graphs, ratio, standard form etc. Sets probably won't appear again, as there's a limit to what they can test you on without becoming repetitive.
Reply 25
Get in lads 98%!!
for the scale factor question I got the correct answer but did the wrong method. will I lose marks?
Reply 27
ThanQ u alot for posting some of the topics..hopefully the 4H paper will okay i guess :smile:
Original post by liamtheeagle
I made the classic mistake of joining the CF graph to the origin, I'm guessing this will lose me marks? :frown:

hmm I don't think so. my maths teacher said u shouldn't b penalised for tht
Reply 29
On the mark schemes it says do not penalise for one which isn't joined to the origin and accepted one which was
Original post by wisemangirl
for the scale factor question I got the correct answer but did the wrong method. will I lose marks?

You may lose one, but that's only maybe... probably not.
How hard do you reckon it is going to get to get around 70-75% in 4H? That's what I need to pretty much get an A.
Original post by liamtheeagle
How hard do you reckon it is going to get to get around 70-75% in 4H? That's what I need to pretty much get an A.

Looks like they left out a few easy topics in 3H. It should be pretty similar in difficulty to the 3H paper, so I suppose base it on your perceived performance in the first paper.
hey, do you know where I can find the mark scheme for the paper?
Original post by Martin Sargeant
hey, do you know where I can find the mark scheme for the paper?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aubg0f9iwtmxn92/IGCSE%203H%20May%202014.pdf
Reply 35
does anyone know the grade boundaries?
Original post by swerrv
does anyone know the grade boundaries?

Will be announced day before results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck for tomorrow guys! i have english in the morning so im not bothering with maths as im quite strong in maths compared to english bc of my bad teacher
how did you all find that?
Good apart from last question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest