The Student Room Group

P2 & P3 Topic Prediction

Im feeling quite nervous about tomorrow does anyone have an idea of what topics are generally going to pop up
Someone else made a post about this which I replied to so I will copy and paste that reply here:

"I think P3 may have a 6 marker on the center of mass which would either be about the plumbline or stability. I don't think it will be on transformers because last year the P3 exam had a 3 marker on it suggesting that they probably don't expect the student to be able to say enough about it to do a 6 mark question. It can't be X-rays or Ultrasound because that was done last year and it also cant be about reflection or the eye. There is a slim chance it could be a comparison between the eye and a camera but that would be well harsh in my opinion.

So yeah. I think it will be about the center of mass (plumbline) or stability of an object "

Hopefully you calm your nerves :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks so do you have a prediction of which topics will come up mainly thanks!!!

Original post by OrionMusicNet
Someone else made a post about this which I replied to so I will copy and paste that reply here:

"I think P3 may have a 6 marker on the center of mass which would either be about the plumbline or stability. I don't think it will be on transformers because last year the P3 exam had a 3 marker on it suggesting that they probably don't expect the student to be able to say enough about it to do a 6 mark question. It can't be X-rays or Ultrasound because that was done last year and it also cant be about reflection or the eye. There is a slim chance it could be a comparison between the eye and a camera but that would be well harsh in my opinion.

So yeah. I think it will be about the center of mass (plumbline) or stability of an object "

Hopefully you calm your nerves :smile:
I have a very strong feeling that this year would be the topics that have hardly come up on previous exams... all the exam I have been doing have been questions that have not come up for the past 2 years.
Original post by uzyere
Thanks so do you have a prediction of which topics will come up mainly thanks!!!

Refractive Index and Total internal reflection will almost definitely come up. Maybe an Eye - Camera comparison and specific details of short sight, long sight and which lens would help the most + a diagram of either a concave lens or convex lens. Stuff about Pendulums and Oscillations and Moments as well.

This is the stuff I reckon will probably come up in the test (P3).
Reply 5
what about p2
Can someone briefly explain the effect of temperature on current (in a metal)?
Original post by CallumS343
Can someone briefly explain the effect of temperature on current (in a metal)?

I assume you are talking about Resistance? If the current increases through a filament in a filament bulb then so does the resistance due to the increase in temperature caused by the increasing current. This continues until the current gets too high and the filament finally melts.
Reply 8
Apparently the difference between fusion and fission, also maybe something to do with stars.:confused:
Original post by rend
Apparently the difference between fusion and fission, also maybe something to do with stars.:confused:

thats easy! fusion > two nuclei forming together to become a larger nuclei. fission > gain of a neutron to then split up a nuclei into two nuclei. stars release energy by nuclear fusion :-) thats the basics pretty much
Reply 10
Original post by jshep000
thats easy! fusion > two nuclei forming together to become a larger nuclei. fission > gain of a neutron to then split up a nuclei into two nuclei. stars release energy by nuclear fusion :-) thats the basics pretty much

hmm. that made sense... and physics NEVER makes sense to me :smile:
Original post by CBftw
hmm. that made sense... and physics NEVER makes sense to me :smile:

good :biggrin: and this might come up, it gets you to draw a chain of fission. which is basically neutron > nuclei - 3 neutrons > 2 neutrons > 2 nuclei - 3 neutrons. if that would make any sense in a diagram form xD this basically http://gyazo.com/0d2fb3e048734163e8fd6b057049d187
Reply 12
good :biggrin: and this might come up, it gets you to draw a chain of fission. which is basically neutron > nuclei - 3 neutrons > 2 neutrons > 2 nuclei - 3 neutrons. if that would make any sense in a diagram form xD this basically http://gyazo.com/0d2fb3e048734163e8fd6b057049d187

thanks! this was one of the topics I struggled with in my mock exam a few months ago. thankfully the exam is in the afternoon so i'll be watching mygcsescience videos till then :biggrin:

good luck with your exams :smile:
Original post by CBftw
thanks! this was one of the topics I struggled with in my mock exam a few months ago. thankfully the exam is in the afternoon so i'll be watching mygcsescience videos till then :biggrin:

good luck with your exams :smile:

best of luck with yours aswell :smile: i dont get study leave... have to go in for double RS and then double english, so no chance of me getting to revise :mad:
Reply 14
best of luck with yours aswell :smile: i dont get study leave... have to go in for double RS and then double english, so no chance of me getting to revise :mad:

I don't either, so I'm gonna hide in an ICT classroom for the whole day. The school wont notice I'm gone looool :biggrin:
Original post by CBftw
I don't either, so I'm gonna hide in an ICT classroom for the whole day. The school wont notice I'm gone looool :biggrin:

well RS ive done both exams 2 already last week, but English we will be revising for tuesdays exam, RIP. :frown:
Original post by AlphaNick
to be honest im more worried about freakin' english literature :frown:

THIS, i dont want to revise english today cus i want to do physics for tomorrows exam. That leaves monday evening xD but tuesday evening and wednesday I will have to study lord of the flies and a view from the bridge for like the entire day
Reply 17
to be honest im more worried about freakin' english literature :frown:

really? I LOVE english literature. :biggrin:
what exactly are you not looking forward to?
Reply 18
If I get a bad question I'm dead.

Ah I see. Which exam are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest