Hi, I did some different topics but the structure would be the same. I got a grade 9, if you’re aiming for a lower grade then this might not all be necessary, try and do a little rather than stress yourself out.
The main reason why the League of Nations failed was because of how it was organised.’
How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
[16 marks] [SPaG 4 marks]
Its best to use a PEEL structure:
Point- What are you arguing, for example the main reason for the League of Nations failing was its organisation
Evidence- The facts/ knowledge behind your argument, for example the power of veto
Explanation- Why it affected the factor, so in this scenario it would mean why did that make the League of Nations fail. For example, this meant decisions could easily be overruled by one person, as they didn’t accept a majority vote
Link- Link to the question and to other factors. For example, organisation was a key reason for the failure as it meant decisions were a lengthy process, this is more important than …
For your structure aim to do this:
- Quick introduction. I’d recommend leaving lines and filling it at the end incase you run out of time
- P1 Named factor. PEEL for the factor written in the question,
- P2 Other factor. Something you can compare it to, for this question it could be that America was not a member of the LON so economic sanctions did not work
- P3 Other factor. Another factor, try to put your least important here in case you run out of time.
- Conclusion. Weigh up the factors and make a decision on which is most important.
Hope this helps, and remember 5 mins for 4 marks, so this should take roughly 25 mins.