The Student Room Group

Edexecel Unit 1: Developing a new business idea 6EB01/01 19th May 2014

Just posting this to see how u guys did! I found the exam really hard and normally I would get A. Was section A impossible for me only or was it really that hard?
Usually I find section A really easy and thats where I get my marks in, but I found it impossible! really disappointed, section B wasn't too bad but yeah section A went terrible! so difficult
It was definitely a hard paper. I went in feeling so prepared but yh no I did terrible, I ran out of time and couldn't give both sides in the 8 markers.

Section b caught me off guard as well tbh, what did you put for the asses the limited liability question.

For section a did you get 364.2mil (or something along those lines) for q1, and for the other maths question 160?

What did you put for the yahoo question, I put fall in phone prices
I found it quite difficult! I ran out of time in the end but managed to do each question thankfully.. it was a retake for me but went better than last time.. well I hope so haha!
I got the same answers as you put here! so fingers crossed
Reply 5
Very difficult paper. Multiple choice is usually easy marks but I did get a few mixed up.

For the formulas, I put the 364.2 (D? I think it was) and then 140, because you had to -fixed cost from 160..

What did everyone put for the Yahoo question? I put a decrease in price of mobile phones as now more would be competing in the market as it's most profitable, meaning high prices would scare off potential consumers, causing a decrease in price of mobile phones..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by crystalleellouis
I got the same answers as you put here! so fingers crossed

I got the 160, but for question 1 I got the operating profit, because it is operating profit divided by total x 100 so 52,40/377 times 100 was 14!! I think it is correct because d, 320 something was TOTAl costs and not gross profit. If you do total revenue - operating profit you get variable and fixed costs, as total revenue - fixed - variable = operating! does that seem correct?
Reply 7
The Yahoo question I did completely wrong but it didn't make sense to me they prices would fall!!!! What did you put as NOT primary market research for burger king??
Hey lads, im doing A2 Economcis and Business, and whilst this is and extremely easy unit it was a very hard paper but it was still fairly straight forward. The first one was 14% Operating profit margin, as you put operating profit/ total revenue x100= 13.975%

I put market differentiation for he Beck undies question, lower mobile prices due to another competitor joining he phone industry in Yahoo, and the second calculation with contributions was 140 a it said what was the contribution to the charity (i.e. the profits sent to them so you need to take off the £20 fixed costs)

for the liability question I talked about it allowing owners to take more risks with their retained profit to expand as they can only lose what they put into the business- and the profit they earned themselves
Reply 9
Did it say contribution to charlty really?!,!? I think it only said contribution on its own! What is their contribution or something like that!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr.zaragoza
Did it say contribution to charlty really?!,!? Im screwed the others ok

Unfortunately so mate, was wondering why it seemed so easy to just do 240-80 for 4 marks. Grade boundaries will definitely be lowered
what did people get for the primary research question, the restaurant selling fresh food and the magazine going to a small market?

Quick Reply

Latest