The Student Room Group

OCR (NOT MEI) Core 2 Exam - 22nd May 2014

How's everyone's revision going for tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
good to hear everyone is preparing hard
Hey guys!

Anyone doing OCR board C2? How are you feeling about the exam? :smile:
I've done about 15 past papers.. so hopefully I'll be fine :smile: But I'm still alittle unsure.

Good Luck everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by MsFahima
Hey guys!

Anyone doing OCR board C2? How are you feeling about the exam? :smile:
I've done about 15 past papers.. so hopefully I'll be fine :smile: But I'm still alittle unsure.

Good Luck everyone! :biggrin:

Yep, I'll have the joy of doing this exam too tomorrow :L I'm feeling alright about it, done plenty of past papers too...I just hope they don't throw in any particularly confusing questions with logs, but they're usually alright if you remember the laws :smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
What did people get when arranging y = fx to x= fy?
Reply 5
that was horrendous
Reply 6
Anyone else think that was a tough paper ?
Reply 7
Original post by arryson
What did people get when arranging y = fx to x= fy?

x= 1/4y^2 -9/4 - 4
I think??
Reply 8
**** i didnt get 14/3 for last question!
Reply 9
I think I got something similar. But I cudnt figure out where it crossed the y axis. I kept gettin a minus number which I knew was wrong
Very tough
Reply 11
What did you guys get for the exact area of the shaded segment? I think I got something like 88. summat
Reply 12
What did everyone get for the binomial expansion question ?
Reply 13
What did you guys get for the exact area of the shaded segment? I think I got something like 88
Original post by arryson
What did you guys get for the exact area of the shaded segment? I think I got something like 88. summat

Yeah I got this but apparently we were supposed to leave it in the exact form 48pi - 36 root 3 (it was something like that) anyway core 1 and core 2 haven't been extremely difficult. I think core 1 was in the easy side and this was quite average.
Original post by The_Blade
**** i didnt get 14/3 for last question!

I didn't at first because I didn't square the second half of the equation correctly so everything was wrong, so after I spotted that I went back did it all over again then did definite integrals ended up getting the answer wrong... dying minutes i'm panicking and DAMN I was typing something wrong.

Tl;dr

I got 14/3.
Reply 16
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Yeah I got this but apparently we were supposed to leave it in the exact form 48pi - 36 root 3 (it was something like that) anyway core 1 and core 2 haven't been extremely difficult. I think core 1 was in the easy side and this was quite average.
damn lol left it in full decimal format
Original post by mike360
What did everyone get for the binomial expansion question ?

X^12 + something x^7 + something x^2 + something something something??? I can't remember
Reply 18
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
X^12 + something x^7 + something x^2 + something something something??? I can't remember

Yh I got something like that. Did u get a fraction at the beginning and at the end when u integrated it?
I thought that was a very simple and straightforward paper, nothing too complicated and the only difficult question was the logs one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending