The Student Room Group

GCSE poetry aqa exam

i would like to know how to structure my essay for the comparison of the two poems. i'm studying the relationships cluster. need help asap! i've had ideas like 'SMILE' and 'PEE'
How theyre similar amd how there different and compare with other poems on how the differences overlap with similarities of others mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by fvcksammie
i would like to know how to structure my essay for the comparison of the two poems. i'm studying the relationships cluster. need help asap! i've had ideas like 'SMILE' and 'PEE'

In the exam, Section A will give you two questions to choose from. These will be on the relationships poems and will ask you to compare a named poem with another. This will be based around a specific theme or idea in the poem. Spend 45 minutes on this section, planning for the first five minutes if necessary then start your essay. I would include a brief introductory statement in the first paragraph then use Point Evidence Explain to make a point about one of the poems. Based on this, compare how this is similar or different to the other poem and use the same techniques. Ensure you always discuss the effect of the structure even if it is a question on language. Continue in this way until the end of this time then spend the last half an hour writing your unseen poetry essay. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best for the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest