The Student Room Group

What exam board would you say is easiest for English literature?

I'm planning on taking English lit and don't know which exam board to take? What books are covered in which exam boards? And which one would you say is the easiest?
Reply 1
Original post by MRayn
I'm planning on taking English lit and don't know which exam board to take? What books are covered in which exam boards? And which one would you say is the easiest?

Why do you need to take the easiest. I did the easiest exam board when doing maths and boy was I in for a shock when I turned up to uni and it turned out I didn't know how to do half the stuff I needed to.
Reply 2
i do aqa spec B for english i’ve never done another exam board for english even at gcse so i can’t compare it to another one, but some texts that come up are King Lear, hamlet, Othello, Death of a salesman, Brighton Rock, Handmaids tale, Streetcar names desire, Frankenstein, Blake’s poetry, Keats Poetry, the kite runner

Usually on the exam boards website it’ll say a list of texts in the specification - atleast AQA does

There is an element of coursework with AQA for alevel so you’d have to look into that too i know different specs for aqa is different coursework though. So for spec B it’s 1 novel you write an essay on and 1 poem/collection of small poems whereas spec A is different were they compare texts instead

Hope this can be helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest