The Student Room Group

Macbeth and poetry Eduqas 2023 Question

So I sat the GCSE literature exam today and although it may not help now, it's worth noting down what came. So the Macbeth question was about the change of Lady Macbeth's character throughout the play as a whole, and surprisingly many people weren't expecting another insight and analysis of Lady Macbeth as a question similar to this had previously come up in the 2019 paper.
Miraculously, the poetry question was also very straightforward and easy to comprehend as it was focused on 'London' by William Blake. Therefore, the comparison I chose to do was 'Living Space' which linked in very nicely to London.
Reply 1
Original post by 18Naree-W
So I sat the GCSE literature exam today and although it may not help now, it's worth noting down what came. So the Macbeth question was about the change of Lady Macbeth's character throughout the play as a whole, and surprisingly many people weren't expecting another insight and analysis of Lady Macbeth as a question similar to this had previously come up in the 2019 paper.
Miraculously, the poetry question was also very straightforward and easy to comprehend as it was focused on 'London' by William Blake. Therefore, the comparison I chose to do was 'Living Space' which linked in very nicely to London.

was this aqa specification because my quess was diff
Reply 2
Original post by areebah99
was this aqa specification because my quess was diff

i did everything in the macbeth with the extract aswell however due to timings i could only write about Banquo being untimly ripped at the end and how he begged for mercy and didnt write the quote "this dead butcher and his fiend like queen" will i get marked down for this, also at the end of the poem comparrisons i had to write two more words but couldnt finish the sentance in the overall will i be capped at a grade 4?
Reply 3
Well in general, for the Macbeth question having a good range, knowledge and understanding will allow you to achieve a minimum of a grade 4, so there is no need to panic because if you have answered the question whilst showing your detailed analysis of the play as a whole then you can easily achieve this. Furthermore, for the comparison question not finishing a sentence isn't much of a big deal because many people struggle with timing like me and even if you have shown the examiner what you have meant they will not cap you down at the lower grade boundaries. Overall i hope you get the grades you need. Good Luck.
Reply 4
(Original post by areebah99)was this aqa specification because my quess was diff

No this is the Eduqas Specification Exam board question.
Reply 5
No this is the Eduqas Specification Exam board question.
Reply 6
what was the question for aqa macbeth

is this the 2023 gcse question?
Reply 8
Original post by mpamazing123
is this the 2023 gcse question?

yes it is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending