The Student Room Group

Does anyone still watch the simpsons?

Scroll to see replies

As I've gotten older it has become less appealing to me and I haven't watched it properly in ages. I absolutely loved the movie though and remember going to see it in the cinema when it was out. However, from what I've seen, more recent episodes haven't been that good and it's not at its peak of popularity anymore. Family guy appeals more to my sense of humour and I like the way it integrates real life events into the show so it's always relevant. I like American dad too. Nowadays, whenever I see the Simpsons on channel 4 I tend to look at it for like 5 mins and then change the channel or I just don't watch it in the first place. It's boring to me now and so predictable. Obviously, all of these types of cartoons have characters that are known for certain catchphrases and such but there's nothing new and different that makes me want to watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Yeah it's still funny now.

Unlike Family Guy which fell off like 6 seasons ago.

The best cartoon on TV right now is American Dad though, hands down.

The Cleveland Show is in the top 3 worst spin-offs of all time.

What are the other 2 worst spin-offs of all time in your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miel Purple
I was probably in my diapers back then.

How to make me feel old :tongue:
Reply 23
I used to watch The Simpsons religiously when I was younger but ever since I discovered Family Guy I enjoyed it more, probably because the jokes are more mature. But I still am fond of The Simpsons and watch it whenever my younger brother is watching it.
Original post by RHCPfan
How to make me feel old :tongue:

As long as you're in your 20s like I am, we're not old :wink:
Original post by Miel Purple
As long as you're in your 20s like I am, we're not old :wink:

I am :biggrin:
Original post by Kandybars
What are the other 2 worst spin-offs of all time in your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joey and that Saved by the Bell spinoff

Those are just from what I've seen of course
I haven't watched a new episode for years. I can happily get by with episodes from season 3 to around season 10.

Original post by fajitamunch
Dental plan, Lisa needs braces

One of the best episodes.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I haven't watched a new episode for years. I can happily get by with episodes from season 3 to around season 10.

Why haven't you watched any of the new episodes? Just not interested or...? Because for a period the newer episodes were just awful, but the past few series have actually been pretty great IMO.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Why haven't you watched any of the new episodes? Just not interested or...? Because for a period the newer episodes were just awful, but the past few series have actually been pretty great IMO.

I don't know. I watched an episode about four years ago and it was rubbish, so I haven't gone out of my way to watch it when new episodes are on. It's possible that I've seen newer episodes when they've been repeated and I happen to come across it when nothing else is on. Unless it's an old episode I usually have no idea what season I'm watching. I don't even know what season number they're currently on.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I don't know. I watched an episode about four years ago and it was rubbish, so I haven't gone out of my way to watch it when new episodes are on. It's possible that I've seen newer episodes when they've been repeated and I happen to come across it when nothing else is on. Unless it's an old episode I usually have no idea what season I'm watching. I don't even know what season number they're currently on.

Ah I see haha. Yeah I was the same. Simpsons did go through a very dry/dull patch so I stopped watching. Then about 2 years ago I saw one of the new episodes and it was actually quite decent - and they have had some awesome episodes in the past few series. Though nothing beats the originals.
THIS! Haha I watch it everyday with my family, it's amazing:')
I still watch the simpsons now and then, as I know the episodes which are aired. I know them inside out.
New season is coming later this year
Reply 34
Yep. My favourite scene was and still is, when Lisa is strangling Bart then Homer says `Lisa no you`re not strong enough` and starts strangling him lol
Original post by Mav455
Yep. My favourite scene was and still is, when Lisa is strangling Bart then Homer says `Lisa no you`re not strong enough` and starts strangling him lol

Yeah, that was a nice scene. But the best one was is the Episode in which Frank Grimes appeared: Homer emptied a bucket of water out at the computer and Frank Grimes' horrified face after that was just awesome. Do you remember?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Kallisto
Yeah, that was a nice scene. But the best one was is the Episode in which Frank Grimes appeared: Homer emptied a bucket of water out at the computer and Frank Grimes' horrified face after that was just awesome. Do you remember?

No havent seen that,, I`ll look it up thanks :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Kallisto

I remember that one. Homer was so casual about it :smile:

"Can you repeat the part about the stuff where you said all about the... things? ...Erm... the things?"
Original post by Rick M
I remember that one. Homer was so casual about it :smile:

"Can you repeat the part about the stuff where you said all about the... things? ...Erm... the things?"

Homer is the best character in the cartoon. Do you remember how Homer gets his job in atomic plant? it is one of the oldest episode.
Original post by fajitamunch
I've been watching the simpsons for as long as I can remember, back when it used to be on BBC2. Does anybody else still watch the odd episode on channel 4/Sky? Or any regular viewers?

Yep I watch it all the time. Love it. Every time a new episode comes out in the US i'm watching it online :P

Quick Reply

Latest