The Student Room Group

Anyone know if the Laptop provided

Does anyone know if the Laptop provided by DSA still play DVDs
Original post by mohalloran33

Mine doesnt!

No, it's unlikely they'll provide a laptop with a disk drive- unless you can prove that you need one specifically related to your disability
Reply 3
You may be able to buy an external dvd drive adaptor sort of thing to attach to it.
Honestly most contemporary laptops don't have optical drives anymore unfortunately, in my experience. You can buy external optical drives that connect via USB I believe though.
Reply 5
Original post by HappyBunny'93
No, it's unlikely they'll provide a laptop with a disk drive- unless you can prove that you need one specifically related to your disability

I only asked because it has a HDMI slot and the course I am doing has videos to be watched so it must a video card.
I only asked because it has a HDMI slot and the course I am doing has videos to be watched so it must a video card.

It will still play media (I don't think there are any laptops out there which can't....) from the internet/cloud/ etc but it doesn't mean it'll have an optical drive to put a physical dvd into.
Reply 7
If the course requires lots of videos then they'll be in an acessible format for everyone so either online or if needed they will provide a device to watch the videos on
If it is something you really want / need you are able to get ones that go into the USB port for around £10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending