The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
im in dilworth house aswell - DI.01.23.187, on architecture course!
anybody got the crucial guide through and where are we supposed to return the reply form and cheque for freshers week???
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 121
Jonno02
Hey Absinthe, I'm in the same house as you- i'm in DI.01.17.131:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .
Can't wait to go, hope to see you there!!!

Actually I think you're in different houses (but the same house complex...thingie) if I understand it correctly. I rang up Whitworth Park just to make sure I had my room details right and the first number seems to be the floor, the second the flat number and the third your room number

But, I'm probably wrong ^_^
Reply 122
Righto, I'm back with my info - DI.01.20.156
Reply 123
seems der are a few dilworth students in the forum at one point i was the odd one out, so when are u guys actually moving into the halls, i think i wll be der on the 14th
Reply 124
Jonno02
Hey Absinthe, I'm in the same house as you- i'm in DI.01.17.131:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .
Can't wait to go, hope to see you there!!!

Ace, that means we're in the same flat if I read the code right, too!

EDIT: alright scratch that maybe not...
Reply 125
am so glad that ive got Whitworth Park!!
its right next to my placement, can sleep in a bit longer - lov it!
Reply 126
wild
am so glad that ive got Whitworth Park!!
its right next to my placement, can sleep in a bit longer - lov it!

Cool, what course are you doing and where in Whitworth are you staying?
Reply 127
Mkali
Cool, what course are you doing and where in Whitworth are you staying?

HEEEYYY I tried to check out your room today but it was locked dammit (it IS a Saturday) And I go away to Spain on Monday for a week. I shall have a sneaky peep when I come back though. What date are ye moving in?
Reply 128
Looking at the arrangement of flats on the map at whitworthpark.com: it actually looks like some of the flats don't have windows (the central ones, anyway). Somebody prove me wrong, because I'm in flat 14.

the mentioned map: http://www.whitworthpark.com/pages/map.htm

also to those in the know: do you get your own cupboards with locks in the kitchen? I can't find much information about the security of this place.

edit: disregard the windows comment, I'm being a bit of a moron really.
Reply 129
Hey
The cupboards in the kitchen dont have locks....usually people are pretty good at not stealing food anyway, or just keeep tins etc in your room.
All the rooms have windows....what kind of a place do you think it is!!!
For those of you staying in Thorncliffe theres not any point trying to look at your rooms, because they are empty and still being renovated and stuff.
Reply 130
No worries Rogue, I don't think they're going to be finished until just before the contract starts -- it'll be a nice surprise for me *terror* hehe, but I tried ringing to ask what colour the curtains would be (I still have my duvet cover though, it rocks and shall go with anything...surely) but they said they won't arrive until wednesday :biggrin: hehe. Have fun on holiday and if I don't speak to you before I move in (16th) I'll be seeing you there :biggrin: hehe, if you're there before me, you must camp outside my room on that day... mwaaaa

No windows, you actually got me going there for a minute :biggrin: hehe, eesk, Manchester = breach of human rights

"Yeah everything is cool here mum, I really enjoy my lectures but my warden is a right pain...ooh, better go, lights out"

Sorry, I'm half awake and in the weirdest mood...mwa
Mkali
I tried ringing to ask what colour the curtains would be

Ha! Glad I wasnt the only one! Anyway the nice mrs grove house lady said that they were burgendy and cream. She did start the sentance with apparently though so I dont think she was a reliable source of information. Oh well.
Reply 132
wirbelsturm
Ha! Glad I wasnt the only one! Anyway the nice mrs grove house lady said that they were burgendy and cream. She did start the sentance with apparently though so I dont think she was a reliable source of information. Oh well.

^-^ wel I had to be sure what colour duvet to buy -- hmm, burgendy and cream *splutter* well, I suppose curtains aren't that important, they'll only be viewable at night anyway so no worries ^-^ hehe. I might ring back another time during the week to see if they've arrived yet...weeee

Also, when I rang up apparently the rooms have a wooden chair for the desk (should be like this for them all but *shrug*) but I'm bringing a swivel chair for the desk and then I'll end up using that one as a laundry/clothes horse ^-^ hehe
Reply 133
Mkali
^-^ wel I had to be sure what colour duvet to buy -- hmm, burgendy and cream *splutter* well, I suppose curtains aren't that important, they'll only be viewable at night anyway so no worries ^-^ hehe. I might ring back another time during the week to see if they've arrived yet...weeee

Also, when I rang up apparently the rooms have a wooden chair for the desk (should be like this for them all but *shrug*) but I'm bringing a swivel chair for the desk and then I'll end up using that one as a laundry/clothes horse ^-^ hehe

SWIVEL CHAIRS!! Whoop!!

Urgh just bring a really funky brightly coloured duvet to brighten up your room. Me and my mum snuck into Ashburne to check out my room and she decided it needed a bright duvet colour. So we picked a nice red one and have now just gone off down in the red route in terms of shopping. eg. red towels, red cushions, red mug........lol.
Mkali
^-^ wel I had to be sure what colour duvet to buy -- hmm, burgendy and cream *splutter* well, I suppose curtains aren't that important, they'll only be viewable at night anyway so no worries ^-^ hehe. I might ring back another time during the week to see if they've arrived yet.

Hee hee, thats why I phoned aswell, at least its better than yucky ****ty yellow sicky brown colour? Now ive said that we will prob get the yucky yellow ones. Oh well. I dont think we will even need a chair, I think the rooms are small enough to sit on the edge of the bed to get to the desk. I bet your gonna take a 24 piece cuttlery set, a new kettle, an iron and a toaster just to make sure, yea? You may also take a caffetiere but im not quite sure on that one. Just a guess, i may be completely wrong.
Reply 135
wirbelsturm
Hee hee, thats why I phoned aswell, at least its better than yucky ****ty yellow sicky brown colour? Now ive said that we will prob get the yucky yellow ones. Oh well. I dont think we will even need a chair, I think the rooms are small enough to sit on the edge of the bed to get to the desk. I bet your gonna take a 24 piece cuttlery set, a new kettle, an iron and a toaster just to make sure, yea? You may also take a caffetiere but im not quite sure on that one. Just a guess, i may be completely wrong.

Pfft, that was my mother's shopping list but she's not as bad because we've already had my sister go through first year and such. I'm taking a 3 piece cuttlery set (because it was either that or 6 piece), no kettle, definately no iron (though my mum thinks there'll be one there...frankly, I don't think I'll ever go looking for it) and no toaster. No cafetiere either :biggrin: I hate coffee and tea and such -- I'm taking my tea strainer (for herbal tea) and a cheap water filter and jug (because I like my clean water :biggrin:) Of course people on my floor can use it as well *is sharing and caring*

Mostly wrong, yup ^-^ hehe. Hmmm, I think there might be a bit more space than that between the bed and desk or I'd keep knocking myself out while getting up in the morning.

Oh, but I am taking my parents old George Forman lean mean thingie thingie grilling machine...because you can make nice things with less mess and less fat *noddles* sausages on that thing are to die for.

Weeeeeeeeee *is excited*
Reply 136
Woo. I'm bringing a bright blue duvet cover to brighten up the room; I also have a white one as well but I'm going to offset that with blue pillows & a throw.

About the bathroom facilities then: from what I've heard you get 2 showers and 4 basins per flat (except for those with basins in their rooms), and the showers are like cubicles within cubicles, so you get a place to hang your clothes up & put your towel, and also some privacy - confirmation of this?

getting rather excited I must say. :biggrin:
Reply 137
Absinthe
Woo. I'm bringing a bright blue duvet cover to brighten up the room; I also have a white one as well but I'm going to offset that with blue pillows & a throw.

About the bathroom facilities then: from what I've heard you get 2 showers and 4 basins per flat (except for those with basins in their rooms), and the showers are like cubicles within cubicles, so you get a place to hang your clothes up & put your towel, and also some privacy - confirmation of this?

getting rather excited I must say. :biggrin:

yep its cubicles within cubicles, i think there must be sum hooks or somethin inside the 1st cubicle..went to see everything last week
Reply 138
..hmmm..
yep its cubicles within cubicles, i think there must be sum hooks or somethin inside the 1st cubicle..went to see everything last week

Phew, at least there's two showers and not one -- It's hard to imagine 7-9 girls, let alone people, sharing one ^-^

No bath tubs then?

I was going to go with some funky coloured bed-linen but I found the best one in ikea for about £3 so I could get two sets -- I think they might give me a headache but at that price, eh, I can always buy something else

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IKEA-Black-White-Spirals-King-Duvet-Cover-shams_W0QQitemZ290023736096QQihZ019QQcategoryZ37645QQcmdZViewItem

hehe
Reply 139
I'm so excited. Got a ticket to see The Young Knives at the Acadamy 3 on 24th October, £9 if anyone wants to go with me.

Latest

Trending

Trending