The Student Room Group

Post your calculator !!

OK here is my trusty CASIO... i bought it for £2 at a car boot sale ?

14518878386_d455538819_z.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by the bear
OK here is my trusty CASIO... i bought it for £2 at a car boot sale ?

14518878386_d455538819_z.jpg

A 32kb Casio fx~9750G, awhhh... It looks ancient compared to mine, I'm sure it works perfectly though:laugh:

I think mine's the fx~9750GII, ahah
Reply 2
Original post by Caitlin_3008
A 32kb Casio fx~9750G, awhhh... It looks ancient compared to mine, I'm sure it works perfectly though:laugh:

I think mine's the fx~9750GII, ahah

we need pictorial evidence
Reply 3
we need pictorial evidence

Of a calculator? :wink:

Will this do? :laugh:

I don't have a camera on me...
Reply 5
Original post by Caitlin_3008
Of a calculator? :wink:

Will this do? :laugh:

I don't have a camera on me...

you....you have quite a few :eek:

:creep:
Reply 6
you....you have quite a few :eek:

:creep:

Hundreds, I know.

One can never have too many Graphic Calculators :wink:
Reply 7
http://makersinc.net/image/cache/data/products/TI-Nspire-TouchPad-CAS-500x500.jpg
my school actually forces us to buy them. Our exams are specially designed so tht we can use this one….

I have those two :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
This is my second one of these. I lost my first one.. well left it in one of my lessons.

unnamed.jpg (sorry I didn't the file a name....)

I have three calculators.

The one on the left is the one that I got from the School of Mathematics and Statistics. It is a normal Casio one, but I prefer the pink one in the middle.

The pink one is my usual go-to calculator. It has been with me since A Levels (either this one or my other pink one since I got them mixed up... :colondollar:) and has served me well so far throughout first year mathematics. You will also note that it has an approved device sticker. This enables me to use this calculator in my exams. Sadly, I cannot get an approved sticker for the calculator on the right of this one.

The one on the right is my new bit on the side. It is an absolute beast and helps me a lot with my assignments. (That and Wolfram Alpha). I'm sad to say that I don't fully understand how to use this fine device.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you even allowed those graph function calculators in an exam?
Original post by Trihawk7
Are you even allowed those graph function calculators in an exam?

You're not allowed the one that I have. The one someone posted above is allowed for uni exams, but I don't think you can use it at A Level since it does calculus. But I think many people use them still because the invigilators don't really know what they are looking for :redface:

TBH if you are going to use a calculator like that in a uni maths exam, I think you are just cheating yourself because you should really know how to do the calculus and stuff. I mean I use mine to help me with assignments, but only to see if what I'm doing is right and to help me develop my understanding. Assignments are 'open book' after all... /rant
Original post by rayquaza17
You're not allowed the one that I have. The one someone posted above is allowed for uni exams, but I don't think you can use it at A Level since it does calculus. But I think many people use them still because the invigilators don't really know what they are looking for :redface:

TBH if you are going to use a calculator like that in a uni maths exam, I think you are just cheating yourself because you should really know how to do the calculus and stuff. I mean I use mine to help me with assignments, but only to see if what I'm doing is right and to help me develop my understanding. Assignments are 'open book' after all... /rant

Thought so, especially at A Level Maths where a lot of the exam is calculus, so that kinda defeats the purpose of doing it if you have to have something else to rely on.
Here we go...

HOLYTRINITY.JPG
Original post by Necrosyrtes
Here we go...

HOLYTRINITY.JPG

We are so calculator twins (nearly).
I don't have a camera nearby, but I own these two:

I also fondly remember playing around with this one (or one that was very similar) when I was younger. I have no idea where it is now.

(edited 9 years ago)
And if you don't understand the relevance of '5318008', you're boring and hod no fun at school.

Quick Reply

Latest