The Student Room Group

Classwiz giving answer in terms of ln

Hello,
Is there a way I can get my classwizz calculator to give me my answer in terms of ln? Like when I type ln into the calculator it gives it to me as a decimal and in the question it wants me to give my final answer in terms of ln
Thanks
Original post by dilaral
Hello,
Is there a way I can get my classwizz calculator to give me my answer in terms of ln? Like when I type ln into the calculator it gives it to me as a decimal and in the question it wants me to give my final answer in terms of ln
Thanks

Usually when a question asks for an answer in terms of ln, they expect you to use the laws of logs and other forms of manipulation to get your final simplified answer, not your calculator (e.g. ln(2) - ln(3) = ln(2/3)).

However, for some things you can check your answer using your calculator. Type in your lns and then do e^ANS and this is what you put inside your ln so if you did ln(2) - ln(3) =-0.405465.. and then you did e^ANS you'd get 2/3 so ln(2)-ln(3)=ln(2/3) which is what you expect using the laws of logs but this only works for rational values.
Reply 2
Original post by dilaral
Hello,
Thanks

If the question requires a final answer in terms of ln then you just leave your answer in the form of ln(something) for example. If you type ln of anything into a calculator then you're just going to get a decimal out (unless you do ln 1 = 0 of course!).

Perhaps post a question that you're stuck on and someone here can give you a hint to sort it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest