The Student Room Group

BT Total Broadband Option 2 and Option 3..?

Reply 1
I have BT Total Broadband Option 3
- I upgraded from Broadband option 2 to Total broadband 3.

I think that if you are going to reach your limit you get sent an email from BT. The router thing is good too - more reliable than the BT modem. Speed is only about 3MB for me though :frown:
Reply 2
i'm considering option 3 and you'll find a lot of companies include a 40GB limit as part of a fair usage policy anyway, so don't worry about the 40Gb limit. The router does look really good too! :biggrin:
Reply 3
And also...I don't understand how this wireless router works...? Someone care to explain please...:smile:
Reply 4
plug it into your phone line, it gives out a signal, and if you have a wireless card in computer (about £20 to huy) you pick up the signal and can access the internet without wires! Plus more than 1 computer can access the internet at a time.
Reply 5
With Option 3...you need the wireless BT Home Hub...which they give for free...but in smallprint it says..."BT Hub phone pictured with the Hub will be available to order in 8 - 10 weeks (£49.99)."

1) Thought its free...? 2) 8-10 weeks waiting..???
Reply 6
they'll send you one straight away, but it won't be the exact one pictured, but will have similar functions. Email them to check though. Its free, but costs £49.99 with option 1 i think. Option 2 its free, and option 3 its free plus you get an internet phone too.
Reply 7
Furthermore, I don't understand this "250 FREE monthly wifi minutes"...?

Isn't the wifi connection what you pay for anyway...?

EDIT: Rang BT and sorted the query. :smile:
Reply 8
its in public places: some bars, airports, restaurants have openzone which is basically a wireless network,. and the free minutes are for use on that...outside your house! :P:

Latest

Trending

Trending