The Student Room Group

Which GCSE option are you least/most looking forward to? (amongst the ones you chose)

Scroll to see replies

My options: History, French, Computer Science and Graphics

Most: French
I really enjoy languages and I've done pretty well at French through years 7, 8 and 9. The only thing putting me off a bit is the teacher that we're having for GCSE is really bad and loads of people complain about her, so it could be a case of self teaching.

Least: Graphics
I don't know anyone in my graphics class, actually I don't know any girls who have picked graphics. I picked it because it seems really good and something I'd enjoy and do well at, but I have the least experience at it out of all of my subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaisyTwilight

I really enjoy languages and I've done pretty well at French through years 7, 8 and 9. The only thing putting me off a bit is the teacher that we're having for GCSE is really bad and loads of people complain about her, so it could be a case of self teaching.

I don't know anyone in my graphics class, actually I don't know any girls who have picked graphics. I picked it because it seems really good and something I'd enjoy and do well at, but I have the least experience at it out of all of my subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that is great! :biggrin:
I am the complete opposite in this situation! :biggrin:
Most: Graphics and Least: French, although French is compulsory and we dont have graphics in our school :P, but I learn through foreign courses! Maybe I can help you with Graphics and you can help me with French :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just ask if you need help with French to anyone. It's best to get small issues out early! :biggrin:

My friend does graphics and absolutely loves it. So happy for her because she's doing really well. I think you just have to have passion and commitment in Graphics and you'll do well!
I was going to do Product Design but not enough people took it. I'm taking Textiles now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adityac3688
Wow that is great! :biggrin:
I am the complete opposite in this situation! :biggrin:
Most: Graphics and Least: French, although French is compulsory and we dont have graphics in our school :P, but I learn through foreign courses! Maybe I can help you with Graphics and you can help me with French :tongue:

Haha, you'll have to help me with graphics and I'll help you with French 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Just ask if you need help with French to anyone. It's best to get small issues out early! :biggrin:

My friend does graphics and absolutely loves it. So happy for her because she's doing really well. I think you just have to have passion and commitment in Graphics and you'll do well!
I was going to do Product Design but not enough people took it. I'm taking Textiles now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad people enjoy it then! I was quite unsure taking it but I'm more at ease now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, you'll have to help me with graphics and I'll help you with French ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeap :smile: What GCSEs you taking Daisy?
Oh lol nvm I just read your options on the top of your reply :P
Yeap :smile: What GCSEs you taking Daisy?

Maths, English, science (double award), French, RE (long course), history, computer science and graphics. You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I took german, geography, music and computer science for my options.

I was least looking forward to music and most computer science, but nowadays I equally loathe every subject. :cig:
Maths, English, science (double award), French, RE (long course), history, computer science and graphics. You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, English Lang & Lit, Science (Triple), French, History, Economics, Media Studies :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
Statistics :cry:
It was the only option left that I could bare

I really wanted to do Statistics and Advanced Math but our school doesn't offer either of them, it's unfair :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom

I was least looking forward to music and most computer science, but nowadays I equally loathe every subject. :cig:

Nice! I love computer science! :smile: I'm horrible at Music, I quit guitar at level 3 :colondollar: definitely not my walk in the park!
Original post by Mr...
Do you want to switch school, mine offers both...
(See my edit)

Yes please! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths, English Lang & Lit, Science (Triple), French, History, Economics, Media Studies :biggrin:

Nice! I was going to do triple science but I backed out at the last minute because it's supposed to be a lot of work and I'm already doing computer science, so technically I'm still getting 3 GCSE's from science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Computer science is a separate GCSE. It isn't part of your sciences :smile:

I'm a little worried about the workload from triple science too... :frown:

That's what my teacher told me but ah well! I probably wouldn't have done triple science anyway, just because it's a lot of work and in my school it had to be one of your options, whereas double science isn't an option, so I could do another subject as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad people enjoy it then! I was quite unsure taking it but I'm more at ease now :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll do fine!
Original post by Strom

What about geography? The spelling of your username irritates me btw. :laugh:
Original post by Mr...
Statistics :cry:
It was the only option left that I could bare, I am probably going to regret choosing it. I have also been put forward for Additional Math :frown:

I can't wait to continue French!!!!!!
Ask anybody who knows me... :biggrin: I am also excited for English :drool: I love English so much.:tongue:

Tu n'aime pas mathématique? Quelle horreur!! :lolwut:

Who doesn't know that you like English? :rolleyes:
I really wanted to do Statistics and Advanced Math but our school doesn't offer either of them, it's unfair :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

My school does them and I actually want to do them. :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
You won the prize draw too! :five:

Yes I did! What did you choose? :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
Best of luck no matter how many sciences you do! :smile:

Thanks, you too with triple! I don't think I asked but what other options are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
I am doing
Math
English Lang
English Lit
Triple Science
French
RS
History
Geography
Statistics
Additional Math

All the math :cry:

Sorry for the late replies, I was making a snack!

They all sound like really good subjects! Aren't you doing any less academic subjects to give you a bit of a break though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Je déteste les mathématiques parce que c'est trop ennuyeux!
Désolé!

I chose the speakers too!

Sorry for the late replies, I was making a snack!

*faints* Les mathématique est ma matière préférée! C’est très bon mais évidemment tu ne peux pas voir. :rolleyes:

Tu a fait? Bonne! Mon haut-parleur fonctionne bien ! :tongue:

*notes down, Mr... likes making snacks...*
Original post by Mr...
:laugh:
Cepandant, j'adore le Français et j'estime que tu aime le Francais.

*notes down that we both love French*

Qui, c'est vrai! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest