The Student Room Group

Oxford 2014 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AKell17
Does going to your college mean you're finding Jesus after a night out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlike The Fray, she found God on the corner of Turl and Market.
Original post by amol_chalis447
Unlike The Fray, she found God on the corner of Turl and Market.

I will always be amused by Jesus
Original post by AKell17
I will always be amused by Jesus

My favourite will always be a piece of rowing clothing that quoted the bible (I paraphrase because I can't find a photo): "And they saw Jesus coming towards them across the water. And they were afraid."
Original post by fluteflute
My favourite will always be a piece of rowing clothing that quoted the bible (I paraphrase because I can't find a photo): "And they saw Jesus coming towards them across the water. And they were afraid."

I'm just happy after getting a pen from Jesus on an open day
Original post by AKell17
I'm just happy after getting a pen from Jesus on an open day

I WANT ONE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheshiremum
No worries. Sorry you are finding it so hard to get an account with an overdraft. I do recommend you take a look at the advice on moneysavingexpert about improving your credit score though, if you haven't already - it might help to rebuild your ability to get a student account with some perks, for year 2 or 3. And I really would speak to your college if it's getting tough - I know what it's like to have nothing while you wait to get your student grant. Good luck.

student grant arrived! :adore:overdraft can go to hell :lol:
I've just lost 14 marks on a remark from AQA!!! I'm so angry!!! Still have my A but can't believe the discrepancy in the marks... urgh :angry: Anyways, moving day is coming up soon so that's good at least :smile:
Original post by colourtheory
I've just lost 14 marks on a remark from AQA!!! I'm so angry!!! Still have my A but can't believe the discrepancy in the marks... urgh :angry: Anyways, moving day is coming up soon so that's good at least :smile:

You got into Oxford, AQA can sod off :P
Original post by AKell17
You got into Oxford, AQA can sod off :P

:biggrin: Too right!
Original post by alexmufc1995
x

What did you think of Pembroke when you were at the open day?As you'd know, it has a lake. A lake.

If I was applying again, I'd consider making it my first choice :tongue:
What did you think of Pembroke when you were at the open day?As you'd know, it has a lake. A lake.

If I was applying again, I'd consider making it my first choice :tongue:

Isn't Woosta the one with the lake? Or does Pembroke have one too? I always think of Pembroke as the college with the snazzy new bridge and accommodation, but also the one that has no money because of the snazzy new bridge and accommodation. :tongue:
Original post by llacerta
Isn't Woosta the one with the lake? Or does Pembroke have one too? I always think of Pembroke as the college with the snazzy new bridge and accommodation, but also the one that has no money because of the snazzy new bridge and accommodation. :tongue:

I think his quote was a little messed up; I said everything after the question mark, originally :tongue:

What did you think of Pembroke when you were at the open day?

Really good thanks. It's a lot larger than I remember it being at interviews and the chapel/dining room are just lovely! They also let me see my room which was really nice :biggrin: Can't believe it all begins in a weeks time!
I think his quote was a little messed up; I said everything after the question mark, originally :tongue:

Really good thanks. It's a lot larger than I remember it being at interviews and the chapel/dining room are just lovely! They also let me see my room which was really nice :biggrin: Can't believe it all begins in a weeks time!

did your english remark change?
Original post by FanaticEV
did your english remark change?

Ah when did I tell you about that? :colondollar:

But no, it came back exactly the same :rolleyes:
Ah when did I tell you about that? :colondollar:

But no, it came back exactly the same :rolleyes:

Same happened to me! Haven't told my parents yet because they were assured they'd get the £40 back :P
Original post by Lucilou101
Same happened to me! Haven't told my parents yet because they were assured they'd get the £40 back :P

Argh damn you English! *Shakes fist skywards*
Peeps, I guess you'll be moving to Oxford soon! Good luck and wish you all the best. Time drags AND flies whilst you're at Oxford, so make sure you make the most of it. Join societies, talk to anyone and everyone and just generally have a good time :banana:

If you find yourself struggling a bit to fit in (academically or otherwise), don't hesitate to tap into the vast welfare networks in your college and across the uni. Don't let things get too serious - nip everything in the bud!

Enjoy your first Michaelmas :biggrin:
To echo TLG, I just want to wish you all great time at Oxford. Since my daughter missed her grades for Trinity College Oxford I have lurked back here once or twice to see how you were doing - so many of you became very familiar to me during the application process and helped with my daughter's queries.

My daughter is now into week 2 of Michaelmas term at Trinity College, Dublin and is thoroughly enjoying herself :-)

Good luck to you all in your university careers.
Original post by Lucilou101

Hi Lucilou hope all goes well when you move in.

Daughter arrived at Univ on Sunday. Freshers accommodation seems very interesting and varied. Refurbishing first year rooms so think she has a second year room. Or should I say two rooms!
Bedroom with sink etc and a lounge/ study with desk, easy chairs, coffee table, fridge. Loads of storage. Better than home so I am told :smile:.
One of her fellow scientists has a balcony and double doors.

Good luck.
Original post by Joules hebden
Hi Lucilou hope all goes well when you move in.

Daughter arrived at Univ on Sunday. Freshers accommodation seems very interesting and varied. Refurbishing first year rooms so think she has a second year room. Or should I say two rooms!
Bedroom with sink etc and a lounge/ study with desk, easy chairs, coffee table, fridge. Loads of storage. Better than home so I am told :smile:.
One of her fellow scientists has a balcony and double doors.

Good luck.

Thank you :smile:

I'm hoping I get a decent room - though knowing my luck it'll be the smallest one in existence!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending