The Student Room Group

Help which AS do I drop?

I need help in deciding which AS to drop. I got CCDE in PE, RS, geog and Bio but I want to do Sports rehabilitation and need 280-300 UCAS.
Id planned to drop RS but this ended up my best mark and was nearly a B and biology was only just an E. I know I can get the PE and geography up to at least BB so would I be better dropping Biology and continuing with RS (which is obviously not relevant) where I can get a B or battling with biology and retaking much of it to try and get it to a C and cashing in my RS AS level?

I know some unis accept PE as a minimum entry requirement and don't necessarily need biology too.

I dont like RS much anymore but think maybe I've got a better chance of getting my UCAS points with RS than with Biology but don't want to limit my chances by dropping Biology - any advice?
thank you!
Original post by emmamaymurphy
I need help in deciding which AS to drop. I got CCDE in PE, RS, geog and Bio but I want to do Sports rehabilitation and need 280-300 UCAS.
Id planned to drop RS but this ended up my best mark and was nearly a B and biology was only just an E. I know I can get the PE and geography up to at least BB so would I be better dropping Biology and continuing with RS (which is obviously not relevant) where I can get a B or battling with biology and retaking much of it to try and get it to a C and cashing in my RS AS level?

I know some unis accept PE as a minimum entry requirement and don't necessarily need biology too.

I dont like RS much anymore but think maybe I've got a better chance of getting my UCAS points with RS than with Biology but don't want to limit my chances by dropping Biology - any advice?
thank you!

Hi :smile:

Because I don't personally know you I won't be able to give you some advice which is comparable to what your teachers give you because they know you more.

What I can say is only continue with the subjects you enjoy as this way you're more inclined to work hard for the grades. :yep: If this means continuing with Biology while doing a few resits then that might be the best option, however be aware that doing A2 modules and AS modules at the same time is not easy, it'll require a lot of hard work but can be done if you're determined enough :smile:

But I'd suggest you sit down with your teachers and discuss what would be the best option for you.

Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest