The Student Room Group

What’s the best degree at uni to apply for if wanna study pharmacy and become one????

What’s the best degree at uni to apply for if wanna study pharmacy and become one????
Reply 1
Original post by aryc_30

Zoology or english lit.
Reply 2
Er.. Pharmacy? Or Pharmacology?
Reply 3
If you want to become a pharmacist you have to do a pharmacy degree (MPharm) that takes 4 years at uni and 1 trainee. A pharmacology degree is different.
Reply 4
Thanks also can you tell me step by step how to become one and what GCSEs to pick to be one and what grades you need same to a levels what to pick and what grades I need but hate maths brw I’ve already done GCSEs so forget that what should I pick for a levels and what grades do I need but not maths hate it???-

Original post by BBtinstorm
If you want to become a pharmacist you have to do a pharmacy degree (MPharm) that takes 4 years at uni and 1 trainee. A pharmacology degree is different.
Reply 5
GCSE options don’t really matter as long as you pass English and maths. For a level I think you need chemistry and one other science. I’d say you need a level bio and chem. then just pick something else, it helps if it’s science or maths based but if you hate math’s obviously don’t do maths. I did them two and psychology, it’s got really basic maths like averages and it’s quite interesting. Be prepared to do a decent amount of maths tho, nothing too complicated since you get equations- chemistry has loads of maths but you’ll need to do it.

I think you need grades AAB- ABB but it depends on the uni some want higher and others don’t really mind. Check on the uni websites for the specific requirements because they will be different. You get to apply to 5 unis so have a good look at them all.
Reply 6
Are you studying pharmacy and I am gonna pick for a Levels Chemistry,Biology,Business and Economics Strange combination but yeah I have to do 4 in year 12 and can drop so will do less stress will probs drop economcis bc love Business got a grade 8 in it and grade 7 in both chem and bio so is calm maths got a 6 just got one tho is that ok what would you recommend if you were me and were in this situation Thanks????

GCSE options don’t really matter as long as you pass English and maths. For a level I think you need chemistry and one other science. I’d say you need a level bio and chem. then just pick something else, it helps if it’s science or maths based but if you hate math’s obviously don’t do maths. I did them two and psychology, it’s got really basic maths like averages and it’s quite interesting. Be prepared to do a decent amount of maths tho, nothing too complicated since you get equations- chemistry has loads of maths but you’ll need to do it.

I think you need grades AAB- ABB but it depends on the uni some want higher and others don’t really mind. Check on the uni websites for the specific requirements because they will be different. You get to apply to 5 unis so have a good look at them all.
Reply 7
Yeah I’m a pharmacy student. Those sound like decent options, especially if you’re interested in them. If you got a 6 in maths at high school then you’ll be fine with the maths at A-level. I’d defo drop one of them in year two tho, bio and chem are content heavy subjects
Reply 8
Which one should I drop business or Economics was thinking of dropping economics bc I smashed it in business gcse got a grade 8 for me it was my easiest subject found it very ez so in this case should I drop Economics or Business and which will help more bc I don’t know nothing about economics so yeah????

Yeah I’m a pharmacy student. Those sound like decent options, especially if you’re interested in them. If you got a 6 in maths at high school then you’ll be fine with the maths at A-level. I’d defo drop one of them in year two tho, bio and chem are content heavy subjects
Reply 9
Tbh I don’t think it will matter which one you pick. If you’re doing both for a year, see which one you like the least at the end and drop that one
Hey yeah I don't know if you're still making your mind up - but if you're already picking Chemistry and Biology, your 3rd subject doesn't really matter. Just do the one you think will be easier/more interesting for you. I did French as my 3rd subject, which obviously has nothing to do with Pharmacy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending