The Student Room Group

M4 and M5 on EDEXCEL!...

I have self taught FP1 - FP3 and M1- M3 using keith pledgers edexcel book and they've been crap in terms of deep explanation.. I want to self study M4-M5 and was wondering if his books for these are any better, or do you recommend getting the OLD Heinemann Edexcel books as they're the same syllabus?

Thanks
Moved to the maths forum :smile: . They should be better placed to help you :smile:
Original post by Tiri
I have self taught FP1 - FP3 and M1- M3 using keith pledgers edexcel book and they've been crap in terms of deep explanation.. I want to self study M4-M5 and was wondering if his books for these are any better, or do you recommend getting the OLD Heinemann Edexcel books as they're the same syllabus?

Thanks

Someone who did quite well in the M4 and M5 modules highly recommended the older Heinemann books. Apparently, the Pledger books are riddled with mistakes.
Reply 3
Original post by keromedic
Someone who did quite well in the M4 and M5 modules highly recommended the older Heinemann books. Apparently, the Pledger books are riddled with mistakes.

Thanks!
Reply 4
I used the older Heinemann books for M4 and M5 and it's all you need really. You won't find deep explanation of much of anything at A-Level.
Original post by Tiri

Thanks

planning to do the same, how long do you think it will take?
Reply 6
Original post by Ilovemaths96
planning to do the same, how long do you think it will take?

Judging by the amount of chapters their are and doing about a couple hours a day I reckon a couple weeks

Quick Reply

Latest