The Student Room Group

Pretty sure I was a mark away from an A*

What is the required amount of Uniform Marks for an A* in Maths (CCEA GCSE)?

For context I scored 389/400
I just searched it up, and unless I've got the wrong one, I can see that an A* is 393/400 so you were 4 marks off.
Reply 2
omg thank you so much!! looking back now I definitely couldve tried harder in the M4 paper. The last 8 marker was brutal, my brain completely goofed up and forgot the formulas are given on the first pages, instead, I searched the additional support page thinking it was there; would've loved an A* but an A is still good
Original post by toxicgamage56
I just searched it up, and unless I've got the wrong one, I can see that an A* is 393/400 so you were 4 marks off.

Edit: The clock in the room was wrong as well and the "perceived" time pressure I was on really threw me off, really beating myself up over this because I score high 90% in mocks and practice papers
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by gab_lester
omg thank you so much!! looking back now I definitely couldve tried harder in the M4 paper. The last 8 marker was brutal, my brain completely goofed up and forgot the formulas are given on the first pages, instead, I searched the additional support page thinking it was there; would've loved an A* but an A is still good

Edit: The clock in the room was wrong as well and the "perceived" time pressure I was on really threw me off, really beating myself up over this because I score high 90% in mocks and practice papers

No problem! It can definitely be annoying when you are so close but don't beat yourself up about it. The A boundary was 320/400 so you literally blew past that by miles.
Ah it def can b annoying if ur that close but well done on ur A tho! Whats ur plans now
Reply 5
This year was my first in my GCSE's next year it's further maths. This was fast track so it was both M4 and M8
Becoming a veterinarian seems like something I can actually achieve (got all A's, even in chemistry :smile:)
Original post by ebyrne2036
Ah it def can b annoying if ur that close but well done on ur A tho! Whats ur plans now
Ahh gotcha u can do it!Well done on all ur As

Quick Reply

Latest