The Student Room Group

Any Iranians/Persians?

I want to know if those who were raised in the UK can write in farsi or read farsi?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sadaf2
I want to know if hose who were raised in the UK can write in farsi or read farsi?

I can :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by sayena
I can :tongue:

How did you learn?
I left Iran when I was 5 so I didn't really get the chance but my mum sent me to some Saturday school for about a year. I think I can read most words but it takes me quite long and same for writing. Some words that I read, I have no idea what they mean and have never heard of them so they just don't come to me like how to pronounce them.
Reply 3
I learnt at a school "Samad Behrangi" every Saturday; my mum and aunt helped me alongside it. I gained an A in GCSE Persian as well. I was the same, it took me ages to read and write- but practice makes perfect! :smile:
I ran. He ran. I ran into Ian. He ran into Ian. I rang Ian. He rang Ian. Iranian. Heranian.
I can read,write and speak persian or farsi
Reply 6
Original post by sayena
I learnt at a school "Samad Behrangi" every Saturday; my mum and aunt helped me alongside it. I gained an A in GCSE Persian as well. I was the same, it took me ages to read and write- but practice makes perfect! :smile:

I went to this other one in London but idk its name. I am going to keep practising since I have seen an improvement from when I began to attempt to read a month ago. Thanks:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by nemoshish
I can read,write and speak persian or farsi

How did you learn?
Reply 8
Original post by sadaf2
I went to this other one in London but idk its name. I am going to keep practising since I have seen an improvement from when I began to attempt to read a month ago. Thanks:smile:

:smile: Movafagh bashi!
Reply 9
Original post by sayena
:smile: Movafagh bashi!

merci :smile:
Original post by sadaf2
How did you learn?

well I left Iran at age of 12
can someone give me some advice on GCSE Persian? I'm doing it this year: what do you use to revise?

Quick Reply

Latest