The Student Room Group

SOAS vs USA Uni

Hi!

I recently recieved an offer from SOAS to do Msc Humanitarianism, Aid and Conflict, and around the same time recieved an offer from a university in the US (with a p good rep) to study International Human Rights. There's so much to consider (tuition, financial cost, familial support) but just on a surface level, I'd like to know what other people would do/gravitate towards?
Original post by bijoux. a
Hi!
I recently recieved an offer from SOAS to do Msc Humanitarianism, Aid and Conflict, and around the same time recieved an offer from a university in the US (with a p good rep) to study International Human Rights. There's so much to consider (tuition, financial cost, familial support) but just on a surface level, I'd like to know what other people would do/gravitate towards?
Hi! Congratulations on both your offers!
I cannot comment on the American University as I don't known about it. And just like you said there are so many factors to consider. SOAS is pretty well ranked in the field, I think it is rank 2 in the world for developmental studies. So, it does have a very good reputation in that regard.
But, I'd say look into what you want out of this degree. If your outlook is towards Asia and Africa, you will be miss to not take SOAS offer. And I have always been biased about living in London.
But in the end, you will have to look for what works for you specifically.
If you have any specific questions about the course, you can ask here and we will try our best to answer it. Please do not hesitate to ask!

Once again, congratulations and wishing you all the best at whichever institution you choose!

-Ankur
MA Iranian Studies and Intensive Persian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending