USA bombing Syria

Did the USA just bomb Syria? Is this horrifying war spreading? Saudibabe24
Reply 1
Original post by saudibabe24

Yes, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67236438.amp
Original post by saudibabe24

At about 01:30 GMT, yes. See US strikes Syria bases used by Iran-linked groups.

It's worth noting that Lloyd Austin (US Secretary of Defense) said that the action was "separate and distinct from the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas". So the title of this thread may well be inaccurate.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
At about 01:30 GMT, yes. See US strikes Syria bases used by Iran-linked groups.

It's worth noting that Lloyd Austin (US Secretary of Defense) said that the action was "separate and distinct from the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas". So the title of this thread may well be inaccurate.

Also worth noting that “American officials attribute the attacks to Iranian proxy groups operating in the region. Iran backs both Hamas, which controls Gaza, and Hezbollah, which operates in Lebanon, with arms as well as money.”

So the attack can quite easily be traced back to the genocide committed in Gaza.
I swear they only bombed Syrian bases that contained weapons and ammunition used by Iranian terrorist groups or something? If so then I fully applaud it.
Reply 5
As for the rest, you’re conflating two very different things. War and Ethnic cleansing.

If you raze an enemy city to the ground, even if that city is full of a certain people, thats just a reality of war. One of the brutal and barbaric realities of war but still war and its been the same since razing a city became possible in war but its not genocide.

Obliterating an enemy village is the same but smaller scale and in the context of Huwwara specifically it was a vengeful statement in response to the murder of two Jewish brothers. Right, no probably not, but neither is it genocidal.

Ironically, Hamas are the ones attempting to commit genocide. The Hamas charter is pretty explicit in this. Israel aren’t, they are just in a war, a war in which they have the means to flatten every single place where the enemy could hide, and are vengeful enough to wage war in that way because of what was done to them.
(edited 6 months ago)
Thread title edited
Original post by Djtoodles
As for the rest, you’re conflating two very different things. War and Ethnic cleansing.

If you raze an enemy city to the ground, even if that city is full of a certain people, thats just a reality of war. One of the brutal and barbaric realities of war but still war and its been the same since razing a city became possible in war but its not genocide.

Obliterating an enemy village is the same but smaller scale and in the context of Huwwara specifically it was a vengeful statement in response to the murder of two Jewish brothers. Right, no probably not, but neither is it genocidal.

Ironically, Hamas are the ones attempting to commit genocide. The Hamas charter is pretty explicit in this. Israel aren’t, they are just in a war, a war in which they have the means to flatten every single place where the enemy could hide, and are vengeful enough to wage war in that way because of what was done to them.

Ironically, Hamas are the ones attempting to and desiring to commit genocide. The Hamas charter is pretty explicit in this. Israel aren’t, they are just in a war, a war in which they have the means to flatten every single place where the enemy could hide, and are vengeful enough to wage war in that way because of what was done to them.

PRSOM
Hopefully the war isn’t spreading because I want it to be over as soon as possible so I can visit some of Israel and Palestine’s most beautiful sites! I want to visit Bethlehem and roam the streets of Nazareth. I wish to see the glory that is Jerusalem with its rich and lumpy stew pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions. I strongly want to hike through Capernaum and Decapolis, in the latter being the fortress of Machaerus where John the Baptist was imprisoned and beheaded. I want to visit Tiberias and stroll round the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Hopefully there’s a storm on it like the one that Jesus calmed with his miraculous and divine powers (although I hope no one would be harmed on the waves). I want it all 🤤

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending